Optional Colors For The Rx Series

LexKid630

Does anyone else here think that there aren't enough optional colors for the rx300 and rx330?

Imagine if the rx300 or rx330 was available in the garnet pearl!

Don't you think they would sell easier if there were more optional colors? I know my aunt has decided not to buy a new rx330 JUST because the colors suck!

post-13420-1135392967_thumb.jpg

Lexus has always been that way about colors. Speaking of the Garnet Pearl, its such a nice color why does it ONLY come on the ES? Why have Black Cherry which is two shades lighter (and not as attractive IMHO) on everything from Scions to the LS430 but only Black Garnet on the ES?

They have gotten better. Think about the older color schemes on the LS, what could you get? Silver, black, gold, brown, green, white, and blue.

I do think the RX330 has some nice colors though, Flint Mica is great, and that Black Forest Pearl is really great and again only comes on the RX.

I agree the garnet is a beautiful color and i wish it was available on the other models!

For the rx330 i don't "love" ANY of the colors. The blue (which is what i had) is WAY too dark and the only other color i would ever be seen in it is maybe the gold? The breakwater blue would be my third choice. A few weeks ago for a loaner they gave me this rx330, light silver with a shade of green???? It was called "pearl"...didn't care for that color LOL

The blue on the RX330 is the same blue that your ES and GS was and that your LS is.

Have you seen the flint mica or the black forest pearl? Those are great colors. The RX looks good in silver too. The loaner you had was bamboo pearl, not attractive I agree.

If you really think about it though look at the color palettes of any car, they're not that different. The colors are all a question of marketability.

Nevermind, the RX is Neptune Blue Mica, the others are Blue Onyx Pearl.

The blue on the RX330 is the same blue that your ES and GS was and that your LS is.

Have you seen the flint mica or the black forest pearl? Those are great colors. The RX looks good in silver too. The loaner you had was bamboo pearl, not attractive I agree.

If you really think about it though look at the color palettes of any car, they're not that different. The colors are all a question of marketability.

Nevermind, the RX is Neptune Blue Mica, the others are Blue Onyx Pearl.

Yupp the rx330's blue is different than the other models; almost looks black. I even asked the dealer when i was purchasing it if i could pre-order it in indigo ink pearl and they said it wasn't possible. Still don't know why, i pre-ordered a color for my 99 rx300 even though they messed it up...

Even the blue on our old GS's, ES and LS is too dark for me.