Hesitation In 2006 Es330?

sea44

Do you currently own one and are considering upgrading or are you considering buying one for the first time? You should simply extensively test drive one first, not everyone has issues with the hesitation, personally it doesn't bother me, and personally I think some of the people that go on and on about the hesitation are being a little over dramatic. The only way to know for sure though is to drive one extensively before you buy.

The hesitation issue isn't unique to the Lexus though, its common on vehicles with these new throtte by wire systems, I had a Mazda 6 as a loaner that had a TERRIBLE hesitation, and I've felt the hesitation/heard people complain about it in Fords, Nissans, BMWs, Audis, VWs, Hondas, so on and so forth.

Just read a post elsewhere in which the owner of a new 2006 Sienna was wondering if the TSB would help prevent the problem they were experiencing. So apparently the 06's are being shipped from the factory with the same, or much the same, hesitation problem.

Do you currently own one and are considering upgrading or are you considering buying one for the first time? You should simply extensively test drive one first, not everyone has issues with the hesitation, personally it doesn't bother me, and personally I think some of the people that go on and on about the hesitation are being a little over dramatic. The only way to know for sure though is to drive one extensively before you buy.

The hesitation issue isn't unique to the Lexus though, its common on vehicles with these new throtte by wire systems, I had a Mazda 6 as a loaner that had a TERRIBLE hesitation, and I've felt the hesitation/heard people complain about it in Fords, Nissans, BMWs, Audis, VWs, Hondas, so on and so forth.

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m considering buying one.

I’ve taken two test drives. The problem is both salespeople controlled the test drive environment. I gather most people drive around the block a few times and buy.

What I need is to find is a dealership with a demo I can test under the conditions I normally drive.

Just read a post elsewhere in which the owner of a new 2006 Sienna was wondering if the TSB would help prevent the problem they were experiencing. So apparently the 06's are being shipped from the factory with the same, or much the same, hesitation problem.

Thanks for the info, did not realize Sienna had the same type of problem.