Led Instrument Panel Bulb

smasood

LEXUS ES300 / 1993

One after another the backlighting in instrument cluster. I have been buyin bulbs from Lexus Dealer for approximately $10/ Now I need to replace approximately 2 more. I have found these replacement bulb from ebay which are LED. I am attaching picture of original bual and one LED bulb which is available on Ebay and actually the seller is either in UK or Australia.

I am wondering if someone has used these bulbs before. To me they look right size like 19mm length x 5mm wedge base.

I am also wondering, If I put these LED bulbs - is the instrument panel going to get hot b/c of the resisor installed in the LED.

If someone has experience, please update me. post-4105-1135212482_thumb.jpg

EBAY link to view LED bulb is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-286-Wide-Angle-LE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by smasood

I'm facing a similar issue with my 1994 but I'm not sure how to get to the bulbs. My problem is the bulbs that affect the column that extends down from the HVAC control (between the fan ^ and < MODE) to the stereo (between the APS/3 and SKIP/4). Any ideas on how to get to these bulbs? THX!post-22240-1135480892_thumb.jpg

I just replaced the bulb behind the button on climate control unit. The bulb you need to replace is on LCD screen. I will post the picture of bulbs behind the buttons which are available from lexus dealers. You may have to take the climate control unit out and open the LCD screen and then find the replacement bulb. I am not sure as I did not open the LCD screen while replacing the bulb - but it may require simple skill of soldering the bulb on the board.