Rear Exhaust Manifold

kdawglex04

i have a 98 lexus es300, i tried taking the o2 sensor out it turned once but wont turn any more i have come to the conclusion it is seized up.. is there anything i can put on it to take it out or do i have to take the rear exhaust manifold off.. does anyone know how to do this please help frickin problems after problems i had the car 2 frickin weeks too grrrr.... :(

i have a 98 lexus es300, i tried taking the o2 sensor out it turned once but wont turn any more i have come to the conclusion it is seized up.. is there anything i can put on it to take it out or do i have to take the rear exhaust manifold off.. does anyone know how to do this please help frickin problems after problems i had the car 2 frickin weeks too grrrr.... :(

anyone???

Run the engine and get the manifold hot. Spray rust penetrant at the O2 and work it back and forth. Keep spraying and tighten and loosen the O2 until it works out. If you remove the aircleaner intake tube, it's easy to reach from the top of the car.

Run the engine and get the manifold hot. Spray rust penetrant at the O2 and work it back and forth. Keep spraying and tighten and loosen the O2 until it works out. If you remove the aircleaner intake tube, it's easy to reach from the top of the car.

Try the penetrant thing (as mentioned above) first - that will probably work.

If not... try this:

Get a bucket of cold water, soak a rag in it. Warm up engine, then TURN IT OFF. Take wet rag from bucket - drop/throw on O2 sensor. Repeat a few times, spraying penetrating oil and working it back and forth with your wrench in between wet rag "treatments".

The cold/wet rag hitting the hot metal sensor causes it to contract more quickly than the manifold it's screwed into - looseness follows.

I've never actually tried this on an O2 sensor, but it works great to separate stuck exhaust flanges from headers or to remove old exhaust pipes.

Worth a try if all else fails!

tck...