Egr Block Question

JIBBBY

i think you can do it to obd1 cars so yours should be ok, just try and temporarily block it off and see.

I was told on another post that blocking the EGR will make the engine run very rich and foul the ECU, and should not be tried. However, I have paid for a set of headers and they are going in one way or another. I am having a hard time believing that the EGR cannot be successfully bypassed or blocked that is why started this thread. Anyway, thanks, and nice color sc you have it is the same color as my sc400 with the cream leather interior, great color scheme!!!!!!!!.

haha! yea looks like it!

i dont understand how blocking the egr can foul the ecu, at most you might get a trouble code. but i doubt it.

Yep my sc use to look just like yours one year ago. How is Hawaii, getting any island fever or rust over their? I try to make it over their once a year to do a little surfing, nice.

well toyota bodies are very rust resistant so its not that bad as long as you wax every once in a while at the least. but when we lived out in the north shore side, where the wind blows in from the ocean, our aluminum radiators would get corroded and would not be good after maybe 6-7 years.

the weather here right now is sunny every day but the air is alittle cold, at night it gets down to the mid 60's which probably isnt much for you.

Edited by jzz30

well toyota bodies are very rust resistant so its not that bad as long as you wax every once in a while at the least. but when we lived out in the north shore side, where the wind blows in from the ocean, our aluminum radiators would get corroded and would not be good after maybe 6-7 years.

the weather here right now is sunny every day but the air is alittle cold, at night it gets down to the mid 60's which probably isnt much for you.

Sounds good no rust here in Southern California. This is pictures of my ride $7000 later.

Yeah, I just got tired of driving a slow car. I remember what did it for my was when I lost a race badly to a friend with a 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 Automatic stock 0-60. I said to myself why is this car so slow from a dead stop and I thought enough is enough this is an eight cyclinder car with dual overhead cams this should not be happening. What suprised me as I did mod after mod is that these cars are grossly undertuned at stock it's not even funny. For example the exhaust from the cat to the mufflers are so restrictive I am suprised the car has any power at all. Just by changing let's say the stock mufflers to highflow mufflers and a magnaflow cat and changing the 2" inch exhaust to 2 1/2 exhaust piping from the cat to the mufs, I would guess I gained 30hp+ no lie, and the car came to life. Then I changed to the Dragon Torque Converter and I destroyed my friends 5.0 mustang, well not destroyed but took him cleanly 0-60. That all cost me $1500 and it was worth it, get better gas mileage too, back wheel started spinning from a dead stop. I said this is all right let's see what else I can do. At that point it became fun and I could not stop seeking out hp, still can't. One year later and $7000 later (most of that $7000 came due to rims, leather, paint, and restoration and not all mods), now I can say I can keep up with new vettes, and getting a little respect finally....my sc400 is no longer slow, it handles like it's on rails and it rips 0-60. In fact I just recently beat out an M3 BMW and a newer Mustand GT V8 0-60, the M3 battled hard but lost in the end. See ya-

post-13978-1134934646_thumb.jpg