Problems Pairing Bluetooth Treo 650 W/ Rx400h

RandyByTheBay,

You mentioned a bluetooth headset. Is your phone set to connect to the headset in addition to the 400h (or any other devices)? If so, try removing them. I tried a headset once. I hated it. But, I did have to re-pair my phone and 400h after adding (and deleting) the headset. Since then, there have been no problems. Is the headset in the car with you?

It sounds like your phone or your 400h are timing out somehow. I haven't seen any time-out settings on my phone (Sprint PCS Treo 650) or 400h, but I wonder if they exist?

Have you had any troubles with other BT devices (headsets, computers) or any successes?

Just trying to brainstorm potential conflicts... obviously, the phone or the 400h is having an issue. The key question is, which one?

Hi Jason, thanks for the suggestions. The phone is paired with both the Rx400 and a bluetooth headset (Moto HS850). After erasing the phone's data (hard reset), I only paired with the car for initial testing. Also had the headset turned off and (hopefully) out of range of the car while testing. Perhaps I'll remove the pairing for the headset and do some tests again just to make sure (willing to try anything at this point).

Thanks for the suggestions. If you find any timeout settings, let me know!

Thanks!

Since you use this for work, is there someone in your company that is willing to let you test out their treo in your 400h. Of course they would need to use the same carrier. I think this would settle some questions, is your phone malfunctioning or is it something Verizon is disabling. If their phone works i am sure treo will send you a new one, especially since your entire company uses them. I have found their business division very accomodating.

I finally got around to trying to pair my Treo 650 with our '05 Prius. It worked wonderfully. It seems the problem only exists with my Rx400h! :cries:

My suggestion is to go back to the Lexus dealer armed with this long list of "I tried...". If necessary, insist that this get escalated to the regional service rep. With all of the trouble-shooting that you've done, I would get them to look into it. Of course, what you have working against you is the, "We haven't listed it as a compatible device; therefore, we have no obligation to support it...".