Is350 Vs Bmw 325xi Touring

I'm currently trying to decide which model for purchasing, I like the IS350 styling, resell value, reliability and Navi, but I dont like the back seat. Bmw 325xi Touring offers 6speed which IS dont have, also the handling of Bmw is little better with bigger rear seats.

however I love both cars, too bad I can barely afford one. so please follow

lexus owners, let me see your opinion on this subject.

thank you

I'm currently trying to decide which model for purchasing, I like the IS350 styling, resell value, reliability and Navi, but I dont like the back seat.  Bmw 325xi Touring offers 6speed which IS dont have, also the handling of Bmw is little better with bigger rear seats.

however I love both cars, too bad I can barely afford one.  so please follow

thank you

Just to clairify, not sure if it's the same in the U.S. but in Canada, the 325xi 'Touring' is the all wheel drive wagon. :blink:

I think next year Lexus will offer the 6 speed manual if you can be patient. ;)

:cheers:

I'm currently trying to decide which model for purchasing, I like the IS350 styling, resell value, reliability and Navi, but I dont like the back seat.  Bmw 325xi Touring offers 6speed which IS dont have, also the handling of Bmw is little better with bigger rear seats.

however I love both cars, too bad I can barely afford one.  so please follow

thank you

Did you ask this question on the BMW boards too?

Each board will suggest you go with their favorite vehicle.

You sound like you know what's what when it comes to comparing the cars. You decide - it's your car.

Enjoy!

i go on BMW forums too www.bimmerfest.com/forums and didnt see this type of forum but heres my input. If u want power go for IS350, if u want good ride feel (aka not smooth but a racin type of feel) go for the bimmer. If u got patience, wait for the IS460 (which would drop the prices on the IS350 a little bit due to high demand atm) and the BMW 335CI (possiable turbo and SMG TRANSMISSION!) both are fine cars...

generally, lexus is a older group of people 40+ as the three series is well, below 40 group of people. so it comes down your preference really. For me, id pick the IS over the 325, however i would go for the bmw 330i over the is350, just my preference=) another note , lexus navi > bmw i-drive

BMW for steering & handling; Lexus for everything else. Since these vehicles target different markets, you will have to determine which car best fits your needs. Overall, the Lexus offers the best bang for your buck.

Head to Head Showdown Analysis of both cars: http://www.autobytel.espn.go.com/content/s...icle_id_int/861

BMW for steering & handling; Lexus for everything else.  Since these vehicles target different markets, you will have to determine which car best fits your needs.  Overall, the Lexus offers the best bang for your buck.

Head to Head Showdown Analysis of both cars: http://www.autobytel.espn.go.com/content/s...icle_id_int/861

That is an interesting article. Just comes down to your personal taste. I would take luxury over performance any day, but others would disagree.

<embed src="/images/FLASH/Book_Ad.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="438" height="236"></embed></object></center><br>Today, I got to see first hand how powerful the new Lexus IS350 really is.<br><br>At the Taste of Lexus event today in Irvine we just happened to have our trusty like mini-video camera with us so we could show you the evidence, first hand...<br><br><center><OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer1" width=512 height=384 classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,0,02,902" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject"><PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="mms://shows.autospies.com/autospies/330-is350.wmv"><PARAM NAME="animationatStart" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="transparentatStart" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="loop" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true"><param name="EnableContextMenu" value="1"><param name="EnablePositionControls" value="1"><param name="showStatusBar" value="1"><EMBED type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" enablepositioncontrols="1" animationatStart="0" loop="0" SRC="mms://shows.autospies.com/autospies/330-is350.wmv" name="MediaPlayer1" ShowControls=true width=512 height=384 AutoSize=1 EnableContextMenu=1 AutoStart=1 showstatusbar=1></EMBED></OBJECT></center><br><br>*Requires Windows media player<br><br>Oh baby, we're sure to get some good commentary after this one!<br><br>If you can't play WMV files, or if your computer doesn't support the MMS protocol, <a href="mms://shows.autospies.com/autospies/330-is350.wmv" class=article>click here</a>.

<br><br><br>

<table align=right>

<tr>

ok that went horribly wrong ...

anyway ... CHECK THIS OUT ...

http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp...09&categoryId=1

i go on BMW forums too www.bimmerfest.com/forums and didnt see this type of forum but heres my input. If u want power go for IS350, if u want good ride feel (aka not smooth but a racin type of feel) go for the bimmer. If u got patience, wait for the IS460 (which would drop the prices on the IS350 a little bit due to high demand atm) and the BMW 335CI (possiable turbo and SMG TRANSMISSION!) both are fine cars...

generally, lexus is a older group of people 40+ as the three series is well, below 40 group of people. so it comes down your preference really. For me, id pick the IS over the 325, however i would go for the bmw 330i over the is350, just my preference=) another note , lexus navi > bmw i-drive

I don't think it's the IS460 coming out, it's the LS460 (460 for the 4.6 liters). So there is no IS460 scheduled to be released. The LS is a luxury sedan not a sport sedan.

Actually im pretty confident it is comming out now. Even the dealers are somewat mentioning it. They want to take BMW head on. BMW M3 is comming out in 1.5-2years with a V8 400hp+ . Expect a powerful model of the IS around the time. I believe the new Lexus SC are going to be pretty quick too on the road. Lexus has just changed their marketing focus (orginally it was cars designed for the baby boomer generation) so all the new cars like the ES/LS will all have a different style of power, comfort, luxury, etc compared to the current ones.

Actually im pretty confident it is comming out now. Even the dealers are somewat mentioning it. They want to take BMW head on. BMW M3 is comming out in 1.5-2years with a V8 400hp+ . Expect a powerful model of the IS around the time. I believe the new Lexus SC are going to be pretty quick too on the road. Lexus has just changed their marketing focus (orginally it was cars designed for the baby boomer generation) so all the new cars like the ES/LS will all have a different style of power, comfort, luxury, etc compared to the current ones.

you bet...Lexus is looking to come out with a new IS sedan with a v8 transplant as well as An IS COUPE/convertible

The coupe/convertible remains strictly a rumour for now, but it makes perfect sense considering tehre isn't exactly a lexus to compete with bmw's 3 series coupe/convertibles at the moment.

the e60(brand new bmw 3 series) coupes which are due in a year or so, are looking to be folding hardtop which eliminates the separation between a 3series coupe and convertible.....the new one will just be ONE. However, it is said that the M3 will maintain both variants(coupe/convertible)

B)

The name brand is E90 (the new 3series sedan) and the coupe/convertiable is going to be named E91/E92 i believe. Also (not offical) that the BMW 325/330 will be dropped and replaced to 328/335. The 335 is expected to be at 300+ hp like the IS. Unfornately, lets just say Lexus IS350 was 306 HP and the BMW 335 HP was at 306, the three series will have the faster record. But yea so far i have heard about the Lexus IS460 and even a IS500; lexus has big plans for the IS!