Got The Rx Back After Apx 2 Weeks

300gone330

Well, the RX330 is back from the dash creak repair (some have experienced a rattle, mine was a creaking) and seems to be ok (its only 30 degrees here, and no creak all the way home from a cold start.) Will let you know how it goes. Can't even tell that the dash was removed at all (they did a very good job), but for a SMALL slit in the driver's side door trim molding, which will be replaced at my next oil change in 3 weeks (again, at no charge).

No charge for the loaner car (which I had for 12 days), the labor or the parts.

By chance have you ever had your windshield replaced? I just had mine replaced due to a rock falling off of an overpass construction site and the new window made noise when I went over any bumps on the drivers side. I took it back and the guy slid a piece of paper between the window and the dash and it wouldn't fit right in front of the driver side. They did some dash adjustment and some anti friction tape in that area and the sound like two styrofoam cups rubbing together is gone.

Jeff

By chance have you ever had your windshield replaced? I just had mine replaced due to a rock falling off of an overpass construction site and the new window made noise when I went over any bumps on the drivers side. I took it back and the guy slid a piece of paper between the window and the dash and it wouldn't fit right in front of the driver side. They did some dash adjustment and some anti friction tape in that area and the sound like two styrofoam cups rubbing together is gone.

Jeff

Still have my o/e windshield. Do have a chip however, which may require a replacement sometime down the line. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff

Still have my o/e windshield. Do have a chip however, which may require a replacement sometime down the line. Thanks for the heads up!

Dont you hate those chips, i had one and the dealer said they could replace it for 2grand. Instead i paid my lexus dealership to prevent it from spreading for $200. now you can barely see it.

With rock chips you should check with your insurance company, mine Farmers, will fix a chip for free as long as they don't have to replace the window. I my declarations it states deductable waived if glass repaired rather than replaced.

Jeff

With rock chips you should check with your insurance company, mine Farmers, will fix a chip for free as long as they don't have to replace the window. I my declarations it states deductable waived if glass repaired rather than replaced.

Jeff

You are correct. Already had it "fixed" for free via the insurance company. If it later spiders/etc, they will replace the windsheild for my $100 deductible.

Hey jgr7,

I own a 2001 RX-300, which needed a windshield replacement about 1 year

ago. And Yes, same thing, I was behind a trunk and it dropped a few pebbles

from the load. One stone definitely cracked the windshield, but fortunately didn't

knick the vehicle.

We have 100% coverage of auto glass in the state of MA, so getting it repaired

was easy. But it took them 3 times to get it sealed properly. And a little lecture

from the insurance carrier finally got them to redo it with a new windshield and

new molding and new gasket. VOILA!

I too had the wind whistle before the job was correctly finished. Just stick to

your guns, get the job done to YOUR satisfaction, because....remember .. it's

YOUR vehicle.

Good Luck,

PharmGuy (Paul)