Wood Dash Kits

phillyfan

Just wondering if anyone has installed a wood dash kit on their RX. I was doing some searching and found several sites that offer them (mostly around $200). Wooddashexperts.com offers a real wood set that is OEM (LSRX98A-ROEM). Does that mean that the set is made by Lexus / Toyota (more likely made by someone else for them) and would be what you would get had you picked the option at time of purchase. Is Lexus simply sticking on inserts for the full wood option?

In my oppinion the full wood (especially around the center / radio is a bit overkill but to dress up the vents, speakers and some of the console would give a nice effect.

If anyone has used one please comment on your success and how easy it is to undo if you are unhappy (I heard it was tough). Any pictures would be great.

Thanks

defintely not made by lexus. You could stick them on and get an idea what it looks before you use heat to permanently affix it. Problem on the RX are the 2 panels that run on the sides of the radio. The top half will eventually pull away because of the bend of the panel and exposure to sunlight. If you do get it , try it without those pieces first.

JIBBY do you remember which Co. or seller you got your wood trim from? I'm looking for a kit for my 96 Accord and found a couple of sellers on Ebay and wanted to know the quality of the trim.

Jeff

Honestly it has been over a year so I can not remember, but both dashes look great one is on my sc400 the other is on my landcruiser. I can tell you I bought them both from two different ebayers and no have no problems to date. I am sorry I cannot be of more help. Just look at the ebayers history and feedback remarks to see whether they are selling a good product.