Lexus Rx400h Prices

I probably should be in the hybrid forum but i just visited the lexus website and two things shocked me about the rx400h.

1)I thought they only had the AWD model for 47K or something but now they offer FWd as well for $45,355.

2) The prices went down i think because now it says the AWD model is $46,755. :o

I probably should be in the hybrid forum but i just visited the lexus website and two things shocked me about the rx400h.

1)I thought they only had the AWD model for 47K or something but now they offer FWd as well for $45,355.

2) The prices went down i think because now it says the AWD model is $46,755.  :o

I think one reason for the apparent price drop is that the Nav is now optional ($2350) whereas it was standard when the 400h was introduced.

But the thing is the rx400h was orginally made the 2006 model...and there changing it in the middle of the year? that means they started producing these FWD and other options a while back. Everyone who got on before they changed the prices kinda got screwed over. <_<

im just saying, the thing that stopped me from buying one was that it was AWD. So i guess its like forcing you to get something that some people dont want.

Precisely the reason I never considered the 400h, one selling point for the 400h when it was first introduced was that the price differential between a comparably equiped 330 and the 400h was only a few $k, which was/is true, so the 400h did seemed like a good buy for someone who was going to get the fully loaded 330 anyway.

As for me, I didn't want to shell out an additional $8k or so to get AWD, NAV, prem. sound, etc. The options are way overpriced and the inherent good value of buying a Lexus is diluted when you add all the options. My opinion only.