Accelorator Problem

terryrjones

On cold mornings (below 40) accelorator goes in and out (like it's not getting gas) for first 10 minutes of driving until the car warms. Sometimes the car will completely stall. Seems worse after making a turn. Removing the gas cap and tightening helps sometimes. Check engine light does not come on.

Reading old posts I found someone had a similar problem but in much colder condiitions. Their car would sometimes not start or it would die, my problem is not that severe. Recommendation on that post was a new "Accelorator Position Sensor". Does anyone know if I'm having the same problem, or any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

my truck was stalling out sometimes in the cold, like it didnt want to keep an idle. I called up my service advisor at the dealership and he said, disconnect the batt. neg and let it sit for a little bit, then connect it, turn the key to the on position but dont touch anything, to allow the sensors to reset themselves. I did what he told me and it went back to normal. It started doing it in the cold after i got some work done to my system in my truck and they had to disconnect the batt. Im not sure if my solution would fix your problem too because there are alot of other factors like filters, valves blah blah blah. Look into it and tell me if you get it fixed.

• 3 weeks later...