Future Gs300 Or Is350 Owner.

I'm looking in purchasing either a New GS300 or IS350, and have a few questions.

1. What did you pay and what options did you get?

2. How much does Lexus dealors come off sticker?

3. Any reliability or maintnance issues?

Thanks in advance, and please include any other information you deem neccessary.

Ps. This vehicle will replace a 99 E320, thah has been very unreliable. So reliabliltiy will be very important.

As they are both 06 models and the IS350 just came out in October, I don't think there's much if any reliabilty info available.

If you need to choose between those two cars, the GS300 is bigger, rides softer, is slower, and costs more than the IS. If you want smaller, sportier, and faster, choose the IS.

^^^Thanks, with Lexus in general do you pay sticker price or get a few grand off?

You can get discounts on the GS now. For the IS it's possible but not very frequent. Not sure if they are discounting during the "December to Remember" sale or not. I paid sticker for my IS350 but that was pre-introduction and they gave me more for my trade-in so it all came out the same. You might get $1000 off on a 350 if it's the right car and the time is right. I think they'd be more apt to discount a loaded car than the base model.

The only option I got was the 18" wheels, which was all that was available here then. I paid about $20,000 difference and traded my 02 IS300, so not too bad. I see people on other message boards buying cars with stickers at $45,000 and up. There's more profit in the options, and some are getting a little discount in some areas of the country.

First month of sales, the total sold was above the annual target figure so the IS350 is selling well.

At introduction the salesman told me that he could get $1000 off on a GS3, so probably you could get more than that off by now.

^^^Thanks, with Lexus in general do you pay sticker price or get a few grand off?

Most car dealerships including lexus are stingy with newer models. I paid pull sticker price on my rx330 when it first came out. it probably is possible to get a little off, but it wont come out to be a big surprise. just fyi, with older year models (new but the previousd year model), you can get at least a few grand ;)

Muff anyone?

That right...........  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:

I know from experience that a 2000 gs is incredibly reliable. I have had one bad o2 sensor, but that has been the only difficulty in 54000+miles of motoring. I not all that familiar with the IS, but I think the outgoing model looked like a civic with leather. The gs is more of a lux car - comparable to the likes of a jag s-type. Your choice, but I tend to believe you will enjoy more of the lexus ownership experience by purchasing a GS.

Muff anyone?

That right...........  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:  :snoooorrrtttt:

I know from experience that a 2000 gs is incredibly reliable. I have had one bad o2 sensor, but that has been the only difficulty in 54000+miles of motoring. I not all that familiar with the IS, but I think the outgoing model looked like a civic with leather. The gs is more of a lux car - comparable to the likes of a jag s-type. Your choice, but I tend to believe you will enjoy more of the lexus ownership experience by purchasing a GS.

What do you think of the new IS? Have you driven them?

I'd wait until they offer the GS 350 & then compare it to the IS 350.  B)  Might want to even consider the GS 350 AWD once it is offered.  ;)

:cheers:

I just got back from the dealor, and he was a real well :chairshot: :censored: .

So Im just going to hold off for a while, and a you suggested wait for the gs350 to come out.