Differences In 99 Vs. 03 Gs

Well, fist the obvious.. With a new newer car you'll most likely have less miles and less wear so ofcourse a newer year is best.. But aside from that, the rear lights are different.. The headlight housings have a greenish tint to where as before they looked sorta smoked.. The speedo cluster housing is also a little different with silver rings around the outer part of each circle.. The steering wheel on the newer GS's have a chrome "L" instead of having the raised leather "L".. That's it for now I have to run.. There's more stuff but if no one has told you by the time I get back I'll tell you...

Also new wheels on the 03, as well as the addition of different stereo facings, Mark Levinson premium stereo in the 03, Nakamichi in the 99. The grille is also different on the 99. The navigation system on the 03 is worlds better than on the 99.

Basically though, Joe on the street couldn't tell the difference.

Naa, in 01 the GS400 became the GS430 and got the new 4.3 liter V8 out of the LS430, replacing the 4.0 liter. Overall power remained mostly the same. The new engine is just more efficient, with ULEV certification. Also on 01, the 430 lost the E-SHIFT manumatic transmission feature, but the GS300 got it. Because of ULEV certification. The GS300 engine is the same though.

I know there's a ton of experts out there who could briefly tell me what the changes/differences are from the 99GS to the 03GS? A bit confused :huh:

Wondering, Better or Worse?

Thanks, Experts ;)

well, girl....lol

first of all there is that .o3 liters and the tail lights. as far as power out put, there is no diff. Ehough the 98-00 is 400 the .03 diif offers no more horse power. The reason for the the littewr diff is for a fuel EPA crap. The GS gained a few more M.P.G.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

HEY YOU People sure know your stuff. Another gilr here wondering anyone knows if there are soemwhere some "aftermarket cool tailights for the gs, I kow chances are know I tried lookin too, I find it weird that there are for the rx, but the gs is also sporty. They have engine stuff, a fair share of front grill, but no lights. I find that uncool!....

Its lack of interest, most aftermarket lights are low quality, they leak, made of cheap plastic. There isn't much interest in them from Lexus owners.

The only ones I know of for the RX are the ones that are blackout, and those are actually the normal RX light housings with the inside sprayed black instead of chrome.