OilFilterRelocator.jpg

Needed:

Four - 3/8" barbs (3/8" = 9.5mm)

Four 3/8" hose clamps

6' 3/8" Fuel/Oil hose

Ultra Black RTV

You will need a tap for your barbs if you don't have one. $2.50 shipped - ebay

Instructions:

There isn't anything to say that isn't obvious. Take the stock Toyota oil filter stand- off & cut it in half. Tap (& drill if needed) the channels to accept your hose barbs. Put your sealant around the threads & tighten (15ft-lb, or pretty hand tight is good enough).

From there you have the one end that bolts to the block & the other that has the oil filter. You can relocate it anywhere you want. You can easily add dual filters, and/or an auxiliary oil cooler.

The half where the oil filter goes is pre-tapped with two plugs at the ends of the oil channels. One can be removed to install an oil pressure fitting, or a hose barb (1/4", or 3AN) if you need a turbo / supercharger oil supply.

For people not able to drill out their own channels, it may be hard to find 3/8" barbs that do not require drilling holes out before tapping them. I had my local Nut & Bolt house order me some to my specification. (9/16"-18 NPT w' 3/8" barb)

*Note* If you're not afraid of under sizing the , 5/16" barbs are very common. The thread size is generally 9/16"-18 thread. The tap will fit straight into the oil channels without drilling.

So if 3/8" barbs are unavailable, you can always try common 5/16" barbs. (0.375" VS 0.3125"). I wouldn't add a cooler on 5/16" lines, but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

What's the life of the two 3 foot long auto parts store quality hose used in this application?

What's the life of the auto parts store quality Ultra Black sealant used in this application?

What's the life of the auto parts store quality hose clamps used in this application?

How many years and miles of testing did these mods undergo and in how many

Toyota vehicles?

What were the results of the July Death Valley hill climb leak test?

What were the results of the January Fairbanks, Alaska leak test?

How many seconds will a Toyota engine live if the motor oil all leaks onto the ground while driving at 70 MPH?

Monarch, you are too funny, If it was'nt for people modifying and tinkering, we would still be riding horses. Get a life, do you think race cars are stock from the factory? I have been making improvements to cars for 40 years, and have always been successful, sure you make some mistakes, but that is how you learn.

Most aftermarket products for cars are usually reliable if not an improvement. Just because it was'nt made by Toyota means it is bad. Many improvements you see on Toyotas are from aftermarket designs that the auto company pirated. Oh give me a brake, oh sorry for the pun. Give us all a break. Oh by the way nice job on the modification for relocating the oil filter. God bless you.

Monarch, you are too funny, If it was'nt for people modifying and tinkering, we would still be riding horses.  Get a life, do you think race cars are stock from the factory?  I have been making improvements to cars for 40 years, and have always been successful, sure you make some mistakes, but that is how you learn.

Most aftermarket products for cars are usually reliable if not an improvement. Just because it was'nt made by Toyota means it is bad.  Many improvements you see on Toyotas are from aftermarket designs that the auto company pirated. Oh give me a brake, oh sorry for the pun.  Give us all a break.  Oh by the way nice job on the modification for relocating the oil filter.  God bless you.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding

If he were kidding he'da gone. :lol:

:lol:

No Zander, he's seirous.

What's the life of the two 3 foot long auto parts store quality hose used in this application?

:chairshot:

Check with the manufacturer of the hose.

99% of the hose manufactures in Autochain stores are going to be:

Goodyear

Gates

Motorcraft

AC-Delco

(Whoever makes hoses for Dodge - For whatever reason I'm drawing a blank)

Recognize, if you will, that we've just represented atleast 75% of the automotive hose suppliers in the world.

I'm just guessing that the quality is going to be OK. it is going to be atleast as good, if not better than the hose that comes on the car.

What's the life of the auto parts store quality Ultra Black sealant used in this application?

Permatex's RTV is the world's best known synthetic gasket making material.

Ultra denotes a premium formula. Easier application, higher environmental condition ratings.

Black is their formula that is the most resistant to oil

The lifespan is proven virtually indefinite. Toyota assembly plants uses two cheap copies of RTV. One white, one black. Most OEM's use some type of real Permatex RTV on the factory floor.

General use red is the most popular.

How many years and miles of testing did these mods undergo and in how many

Toyota vehicles?

Elevendy-Billion if you add up all the people that have used oil relocators, hose barbs, fuel/oil hose & some type of hose clamp to move their oil filter, add a filer, or tap for oil.

<warning: beware of falling sarcasm>

You do realize that the only other way to do this without hassle of looking up things that cross-fit is to buy the oil filter relocation blocks designed for a Ford Mustang.

Dear God the humanity!? You wouldn't be able to use 100% Toyota parts anymore if you chose to use them!

Why god, why!????????????????????????

What were the results of the July Death Valley hill climb leak test?

What were the results of the January Fairbanks, Alaska leak test?

Both proved resoundingly successful.

Here, you can see the Lexus navigating the jungle of Driveway in the hots of August.

Rear-I.jpg

While in this picture you can see just how quietly the car operates approaching a stop sign in the frozen artic of MyRoom

PB-SSA.jpg

Which is located on the

PF-DSOTF-Album.jpg

And in this picture, you can see the potential performance ugprades of doing an oil filter relocation.

Sean-Turbo-02.jpg

How many seconds will a Toyota engine live if the motor oil all leaks onto the ground while driving at 70 MPH?

Depends on several factors. If you want my opinion & rank on the biggest factors:

1) Engine load

2) Oil quality

A light load it could range anywhere from a few min (few = 3, or more), to 10 min before there is catastrophic damage. Tho It will msot likely drive for longer.

How many Honda videos have there been now where the drain the oil & put a brick on the gas pedal? One of them ran like 20+ min before it finally seized up. God forbid a beloved Toyota couldn't run as long as a Honda.

You can run them with 3 quarts forever, provided you drive it in a fashion reflecting that you have no extra oil. It wouldn't be a lubrication problem, it would be a "I just uncovered the pick-up tube & lost oil pressure" problem. There's about a quart in the pump & galley systems, a couple cups in the heads & the rest is in the pan. So long as the pick-up can grab oil, it's A-OK.

With regard to oil hose life, in the 1970's Toyota used thick, high quality fabric reinforced rubber engine oil cooler hoses on the 6 cylinder Land Cruiser 2F motor and 6 cylinder Corona Mark II 4M motor. Despite the supreme strength and quality hose, Toyota's recommended oil hose replacement interval was only 2 years for the Land Cruiser motor and 4 years for the Corona Mark II motor.

With regard to how fast an engine can be destroyed if it runs out of oil for any reason, the October 1998 issue of Consumer Reports described the results of a no oil experiment: CR attempted to reproduce the ProLong oil additive "no oil" advertizement where all the oil was drained out of an engine which had been treated with ProLong, and then the engine was run. CR managed a maximum of 13 SECONDS RUNNING out of each of two engine BEFORE THE ENGINES SIZED UP, welding the pistons to the barrels.