Time To Modify

91L3xus

Well since my parents have decided on replacing the mounts (definately buying them, found a good mechanic today who will be working on my car in the near future who might install them), I have decided to start putting serious money into my car. Replacing the mounts will already get rid of the crapload of slop I have in the transmission, and I'm going from there.

Tires and wheels: I've picked out a set of nice Finn Racing wheels, less than $80 a piece, and either the Falken tires or the Toyo TRT Proxies also about $80 a pop.

That's where I stop and ask for suggestions. I'm looking for upgrades to the suspension (just lowering), an exhaust system, and new brake components. Also open to any other input too. :cheers:

Just try to keep the $$$ to a minimum, not much of a budget here, and unfortunately doing most work myself or fabrication is out of the equation. :unsure:

Thanks!

Gen2 Camry Front & Rear sway bars.

Grab you the AFM/MAF adapter off ebay that comes with the air filter. There's the $9 one & the $15 one. $15 one looks really, really good!

Play with the AFM & Dizzy changes. (I think you did the afm, it's late & IDR)

Get me to Virginia, or get to Alabama & let's make the world's first 2vz-fte. I bet we can do it for less than $600.

(... it falls under "exhaust system" on that list LoL!)

Post those pics of your 2vz-fe again.

I want a shot centered on the front exhaust manifold, the engine & the upper intake manifold. (AIM them too me if you aint got a host).

I remember thinking the 3.0L intake manifolds would never fit. (The larger runners & larger chamber would be a nice highrpm upgrade)

However... The 3.0L exhaust manifolds might bolt on! Then you could have a real y-pipe made!!! There's some really good power to be made on a 2vz (Much more relatively to the other yota v6's) out of headers. Hell anything is better than that f'ed up crossover pipe that's there to begin with!!!

Get me to Virgina or get your car to Alabama. I'm sure we could make a 2vz-fte for like under $600. I suggest you buying the big stuff before hand. ;)

Here's the best one I have right now; i'll get some closer ones in a little bit.

For the sway bars, which aftermarket brand do you suggest?

Toys, I'm still working on that turbo option- found a mechanic who said he'd try to help me out and said he'd be damn amazed if he could get one to work on my 2ve. :lol:

post-18112-1133630985_thumb.jpg

When you can center one up on the exhaust manifold.

Because the 2vz rear bank is a crossover pipe to the front pipe, relocating the oil filter should provide a good space for a smaller turbo & have just enough left over for a downpipe.

Might have to unbolt the top radiator mounts & move the rad a bit to put it down in there, but there's enough room for sure. We'll need to insulate the stuff with some wrap, or sheets, but that's nearly always the case.

I have no opinion on the swaybars. Never driven one! Whiteline is nearly always tops. You could try asking on ToyotaNation. I don't honestly remember any gen2 Camry's that have sway bar upgrades. Wierd. I'm sure there are some floating around.

I like your strut tower brace 91!  B)

:cheers:

Toys, the 3.0L UIM will bolt right to it, BUT, IIRC, the accuators for the runners are vaccuum controlled ont he ES250, and on the 3.0L, they are electronic.

LexusFreak, the STB was factory on all 1990-1991 ES250's mine had one too.

Well there you go! So a 3.0L UIM would probably give some high rpm gain, but you'd have to figure something out for any vacuum parts you wanted to keep.

To me, this sounds like a good project for somebody!

Actually, if you got a 92-94 manifold, it will bolt right up, and the secondaries are vaccum accuated as well.

you would also need the 3.0 MAF though. then you may confuse the ECU, but its worth a shot.

the only thing the vaccum does on the 250 anyways is stabilize the idle. nothing more. you may end up with an engine that idles at 1K instead of 650 RPMS. no bigge for that kind fo power.

So would I need to swap in the UIA from a 92-94 3vz to be able to do this? And a MAF instead of a AFM? This sounds pricey. :unsure:

I have no idea how I would get an independent mechanic to do this for me, except for maybe the people who visit this site. Would anyone around my aread actually be willing to do this?

Also Army, do you think you could hit me up with where you get all the info on the 250? Or is it all just from experience and dealing with it. I'd love to find if there was a book that would tell me all about my car. Or maybe you're just a living one. :cheers:

So would I need to swap in the UIA from a 92-94 3vz to be able to do this?  And a MAF instead of a AFM?  This sounds pricey. :unsure:

I have no idea how I would get an independent mechanic to do this for me, except for maybe the people who visit this site.  Would anyone around my aread actually be willing to do this?

Also Army, do you think you could hit me up with where you get all the info on the 250?  Or is it all just from experience and dealing with it.  I'd love to find if there was a book that would tell me all about my car.  Or maybe you're just a living one.:cheers:

Sure, call 803-556-1710, I'll tell you everything I know. and if i dont knwo it, I'll find the answer and get back to you. Its as simple as fixing your own car, over time, you will learn these things. between me, brandon and jason, we know all there is to know about the ES250.

So would I need to swap in the UIA from a 92-94 3vz to be able to do this?  And a MAF instead of a AFM?  This sounds pricey. :unsure:

I have no idea how I would get an independent mechanic to do this for me, except for maybe the people who visit this site.  Would anyone around my aread actually be willing to do this?

Also Army, do you think you could hit me up with where you get all the info on the 250?  Or is it all just from experience and dealing with it.  I'd love to find if there was a book that would tell me all about my car.  Or maybe you're just a living one.:cheers:

Sure thing, oh and the 92-94 i bleieve is the 1mz. :)