Power Mirror Tilt

Booyah

I had my passenger power mirror stop tilting down when I put it in reverse recently, it would tilt maybe a 1/4 inch and stop? Dealer ordered me another one and Presto good to go.

Anybody else have mirror issues--probably just a fluke mirror.

I had my passenger power mirror stop tilting down when I put it in reverse recently, it would tilt maybe a 1/4 inch and stop?  Dealer ordered me another one and Presto good to go.

No never on my car, but i know you can adjust how much tilt u want when the car is put in reverse. Just put it on R and then tilt the mirror to your desired position. Im guessing this wasnt ur problem if the dealer changed it for you. :rolleyes:

I had my passenger power mirror stop tilting down when I put it in reverse recently, it would tilt maybe a 1/4 inch and stop?  Dealer ordered me another one and Presto good to go.

No never on my car, but i know you can adjust how much tilt u want when the car is put in reverse. Just put it on R and then tilt the mirror to your desired position. Im guessing this wasnt ur problem if the dealer changed it for you. :rolleyes:

Re adjusting tilt if this works it will be great how come I couldn"t find anything about this in my manual ? Thanks a lot

I dont think you can adjust how much tilt it does--its predetermined! I tried to adjust it while it was down (to a little more up) and it did not keep its position. If you notice the drivers side--by design goes down further than the pass side! Both my mirrors are Fine now..

lol, im pretty sure that i can change the tilt angle becuase i didnt like how the drivers side tilted more. lol ill double check :blink:

Its factory pre-set and you cannot change the tilt angle. I have both of the passenger and driver side mirrors changed due to malfunction.

What happened to yours 04RX?

Driver side mirror does not work intermittent and passenger side mirror does not tilt the same angle as driver side when shift to reverse. Later, I found out that there is nothing wrong with the passenger side after they replace the new one cause it tilt the same as before. But the dealership just replace a new one whenever you ask for.

What happened to yours 04RX?

Driver side mirror does not work intermittent and passenger side mirror does not tilt the same angle as driver side when shift to reverse. Later, I found out that there is nothing wrong with the passenger side after they replace the new one cause it tilt the same as before. But the dealership just replace a new one whenever you ask for.

My older '99 stopped tilting much at all. In fact, when moving between the presets for my wife and I, they don't always make it back to my settings. I think that internally they need to be lubed but I don't really use the tilt-down anyway so it's turned off and it's still on a list of minor annoyances, not high enough up there on my personal to-do list to try to figure out how to lube them.

I also have a problem with the power folding function on the passenger side. The gear must be missing one tooth because it will stop folding in but if I push on the frame a bit (towards the front of the truck), it will start working again and will work for weeks, sometimes months before I have to do it again.

My drivers side just started doing this a couple of days ago. I thought I had changed something as the passenger side still works fine. The drivers side just doesn't tilt as much as it used to.

Something else (along with a loose drivers seat) to add to my 5k service.

Please tell us the procedure because I cannot get mine to do it??

If this doesnt work, then im going to sound like an idiot, but im pretty sure. Have the car on, put it in reverse, and ofcourse, if the tilt selection is on one of the Right or Left and not the middle, it will tilt down. Then just use the cursor button to move to your desire.

Yea I do that, but when I go to use reverse again it tilts back down to its origianl location--not where I adjusted it to before.....

well thats a kick in the nuts......i did not realize that because the way it came is the way i want it to be. Try using the memory setting while in reverse?? as it also saves mirror tilting?? iono im just guessing here.

I tried using the memory, all sorts of combo's after I set it in reverse, then put in park and set! NO GO--So really you cannot adjust how much the morror tilts down when in reverse-its preset--Mission complete:)

I tried using the memory, all sorts of combo's after I set it in reverse, then put in park and set!  NO GO--So really you cannot adjust how much the morror tilts down when in reverse-its preset--Mission complete:)

Thanks, i guess this post is closed. I wonder if the dealer can change the preset tilting.

• 2 months later...

I thought my drivers mirror was broken because it didn't tilt as much as the passenger mirror. The dealer replaced the drivers mirror but when I got it back, it did the same thing. I noticed the loaner was the same way. We checked a few others and they all worked the same - passenger mirror tilts more than the drivers mirror. I could have sworn the drivers mirror tilted as much as the passenger side when I got the car last September. Why would the drivers mirror tilt less than the passenger mirror?

no the drivers mirror tilts more, not the passenger. Its because you sit closer to the driver side mirror (obviously) so the angle in which you look at it is different. THerefore, a steeper tilt is needed to lookat the same spot.

no the drivers mirror tilts more, not the passenger. Its because you sit closer to the driver side mirror (obviously) so the angle in which you look at it is different. THerefore, a steeper tilt is needed to lookat the same spot.

Actually, if you measure the deflection as we did at the dealership, you'll find the drivers side tilts less than the passenger side. I don't disagree that the drivers side mirror should angle more, only it doesn't. At least that was what we found on three of the loaners and mine.

Actually, if you measure the deflection as we did at the dealership, you'll find the drivers side tilts less than the passenger side. I don't disagree that the drivers side mirror should angle more, only it doesn't. At least that was what we found on three of the loaners and mine.

thast not the case with mycar. if you open both windows, i hear the passenger side stop tilting way before the drivers side...