Detailers Help!

Yeah its gotta be repainted. Thats a real shame...

That shouldn't have happened. Any chance the front end was repainted at some point?

Re-clearcoating it won't help, the whole bumper will have to be repainted as thats a tri coat paint.

OUCH!!!! Anyway, I know the previous owner and the carfax and Lexus records are clean. It just came out of "body" warranty 52k. Those guys in Shreveport must have used some strong chemicals and a mega power sprayer. The Lovebugs here are a mess during the season and I usually leave a coat of wax on the front for 2 weeks but I had just gotten the car and the Hurricanes came. Not good all the way around. Thanks SWOE3!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a carwash spray brake cleaner on the front of a car before, it stained the paint but didnt do that. I don't see how thats possible unless there was already some kind of adherance problem with the paint already. Pressure washers can only do that provided the water can get behind the paint.

Just because the Carfax was clean doesn't mean the bumper wasn't repainted at some point, could have been a simple getting backed into or something. My guess is thats the case. If thats the case, and you can find out who painted it the first time, they should repaint it for free.

That looks like a bad repaint to me.