Annoying Seat Belt Warning...turn Off?

Anyone know how to disconnect or turn off the annoying seat belt warning bell - which goes ballistic if you don't connect your seat belt within your first 5 feet of driving? Yes, I drive with my seat belt each time I drive - but not when I'm driving down my driveway at 2 MPH to take the trash, or getting the mail. Heck, sometimes I like to put it on after I put it in drive.

IIRC, the 2005's and ealier RX's i've driven did not have this annoying bell.

The "big brother" aspect of Lexus is the only thing I hate about the company (like the annoying "I agree" button for each time to look at my NAV). :chairshot:

Anyone know how to disconnect or turn off the annoying seat belt warning bell - which goes ballistic if you don't connect your seat belt within your first 5 feet of driving?    Yes, I drive with my seat belt each time I drive - but not when I'm driving down my driveway at 2 MPH to take the trash, or getting the mail.  Heck, sometimes I like to put it on after I put it in drive. 

IIRC, the 2005's and ealier RX's i've driven did not have this annoying bell. 

The "big brother" aspect of Lexus is the only thing I hate about the company (like the annoying "I agree" button for each time to look at my NAV).    :chairshot:

i beleive you can just pull that fuse out !!

Fuse?

You would have to short the wire connecting under the seat belt clasp.

Problem is the computer will think you are wearing a seat belt and activate the airbag which will kill you without the belt. So make sure you always wear the seat belt if you override the system.

I was thinking of buying a lone male seatbelt fastener (the one attached to the seatbelt) from the parts department, and just sticking it in the receiver and leaving it there. Then, if you want to actually use the seatbelt, you can just take it out. Curious if this will work ...

i always disconnect my seatbelt when pulling in my driveway and it doesn't go off. I am doing under 5mph.

Easy breasy. Put a coin in the seatbelt lock, or have it always connected (as I do).

I always wear my seatbelt unless I am pulling in to my garage! I have a friend who died because he did not wear his seatbelt.