Samsung Sch-a950 And Lexus Bluetooth?

We're picking up our RX400h next week and searching for a suitable Bluetooth phone. I was leaning towards getting the well-reviewed Motorola E815 phone (we have Verizon), but I also see a new Samsung SCH-A950 is available. The Verizon site lists the Samsung A950 as "Pending" on its Lexus compatibility matrix.

Has anyone here used a Samsung SCH-A950 with their Lexus Bluetooth? Are all of the Bluetooth features (except phonebook transfer, of course)? How does this phone compare to the Motorola E815's Bluetooth features?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

I cannot speak specifically to the phone models you mention. However, in a general sense, you should look for aphone that will allow you to transfer your entire phone book to the Lexus. My phone (a Nokia) and other people's phones frequently only allow a single transfer at a time and that is VERY VERY frustrating.

If I had it to do over, I would seek a phone that allowed that full transfer feature. problem is, most sales people have no idea what the phones can and cannot do.

We're picking up our RX400h next week and searching for a suitable Bluetooth phone.  I was leaning towards getting the well-reviewed Motorola E815 phone (we have Verizon), but I also see a new Samsung SCH-A950 is available.  The Verizon site lists the Samsung A950 as "Pending" on its Lexus compatibility matrix.

Has anyone here used a Samsung SCH-A950 with their Lexus Bluetooth?  Are all of the Bluetooth features (except phonebook transfer, of course)?  How does this phone compare to the Motorola E815's Bluetooth features?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

None of the Verizon phones allow full phonebook transfer. So I'm planning to buy a cheap GSM Bluetooth phone on eBay that does allow phonebook transfer just to get the phonebook loaded up.

Basically at this point I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried the new Samsung A950 in their Lexus and what features do or don't work, other than the phonebook, of course.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I work the help desk at a Lexus Dealership and I recently was asked about your question exactly, or rather, i was asked to remedy it.

Verizon disables the OPP (Object Push Profile) in all of their phones pretty much because they haven't figure out a way to charge you for file transfering. Pretty much every phone from every other service provider with bluetooth is capable of phonebook transfering, be it either entire phonebook at once or numbers individually.

The SCH-a950 that was brought to me had serious problems working in any Lexus vehicle. It was able to synch with the system and use the car as a handset, but worked when it wanted to. The phone was originally brought to me because it would sometimes work perfect, sometimes the caller couldn't hear the recipient or vice versa. I brought the phone to a local Verizon store and they were unable to diagnose the problem fully other than the phone was definatly having a problem. They did inform me that the SCH-a950 was equiped with an outdated firmware version from the get-go and was due for a big upgrade and that the new version would be available within a week of when I was there. This was approx. 2 weeks ago, I haven't heard an update since. If you are thinking about getting a Verizon phone, see if you can test an active one first with your vehicle if they will let you before you purchase it. The only Verizon phone that I know about that will do data transfers is the Nokia 6256i. This phone is not availble at Verizon stores, only at 3rd party verizon dealers such as Radio Shack. It might not have all of the bells and whistles like the SCH-a950, but it will do bluetooth data transfers and handset synch.

Hope this helps

Oh yeah, sorry i didnt mention that. There are very few phones that will do the entire phonebook at once. Im not really sure why this is, but every spec sheet i read on the big phones out there, its like one out of twenty will do phonebook at once.

Im glad I was able to help, hope you enjoy your new phone.

btw, which dealership did you end up buying your RX 400h from?

Oh yeah, sorry i didnt mention that. There are very few phones that will do the entire phonebook at once. Im not really sure why this is, but every spec sheet i read on the big phones out there, its like one out of twenty will do phonebook at once.

Im glad I was able to help, hope you enjoy your new phone.

btw, which dealership did you end up buying your RX 400h from?

I think it's Verizon's fault that some phone are "brain damaged" when it comes to Bluetooth.

We bought our RX400h from Seattle Lexus in Lynnwood. Very nice experience!