Weird Loud Fan

Rx330driver

Ok, I was playing around with my 2004 rx330 and lets say i turn the key to the position where theres electricity but the engine is off. If i slowly, and i mean very very slowly turn the key so that the dash lights are off, theres a really loud fan that goes off, like a vacuum. Just wondering what this is. Happy Thanksgiving :cheers:

Ok, I was playing around with my 2004 rx330 and lets say i turn the key to the position where theres electricity but the engine is off. If i slowly, and i mean very very slowly turn the key so that the dash lights are off, theres a really loud fan that goes off, like a vacuum. Just wondering what this is. Happy Thanksgiving :cheers:

I would suggest turning your key in a normal manner as you are probably causing some unintended arcing within the switches contacts, If problem does not happen under normal starting conditions consider it fixed.

I would suggest turning your key in a normal manner as you are probably causing some unintended arcing within the switches contacts, If problem does not happen under normal starting conditions consider it fixed.

oh, normal turning of the key wont make the sound, but its just like keeping the fan on. weird, it only happens to my rx and not any other lexus model like the IS.