Power Steering

texxclark

Hey all-

My car is making a horendous groan when turning in situations such as parking lots, turning slowly etc.

I have been refilling the fluid intermittently as needed recently and the sound seemed to stop. however, now the resevoir is at the correct level and the sound is worse than ever. The steering is pretty difficult at low speeds.

Furthermore I can see down on the scrape plate there is plenty of evidence of the leaking fluid as of late.

Any ideas? costs im looking at? etc

Thanks alot

T

TEX

Hey all-

My car is making a horendous groan when turning in situations such as parking lots, turning slowly etc.

I have been refilling the fluid intermittently as needed recently and the sound seemed to stop.  however, now the resevoir is at the correct level and the sound is worse than ever.  The steering is pretty difficult at low speeds.

Furthermore I can see down on the scrape plate there is plenty of evidence of the leaking fluid as of late.

Also- After driving even a short distance and opening up the cap, the fluid is completely foaming up and bubbling around the cap. 

Im sure this is serious, but hopefully someone can alleviate this

Any ideas?  costs im looking at?  etc

Thanks alot

T

TEX

Hey Tex,

If you are a DIY type, probably $150 and 6 hours. Search threads here for "power steering" and you will succeed. The screen under the driver's seat, on the undercarrige, and a rebuilt pump should fix you up if you are quick.