Got New Oem Wipers...why Is This Such A Pita?

MadMax96

The wipers that came with my car were pretty lousy. I can't stand when wipers have minor streaks let alone hardly work. I read that the Toyota ones were pretty decent and that the refills are cheap enough.

So after bending over and paying full retail at the dealer I'm having issues installing the drivers side wiper.

Never seen this type of end before... did I get the wrong one? The wiper arm has a metal loop like I've seen before but has two holes on the top. Was a metal part that was supposed to be screwed in possibly removed to accomodate aftermarket wipers?

post-21490-1132715176_thumb.jpg

Ok - I AM a tard.. after looking at these things a little harder I figured it out.

:chairshot:

Attached is a funny pic so your time spend reading this thread wasn't totally wasted.

MODs - feel free to remove this thread.

post-21490-1132715862_thumb.jpg

Well just imagine how much fun it will be to change the wiper inserts which are dirt cheap next time.

You ever want some simple stuff done by lexus for free, start to mess with your car in the drive through , they send a tech to help get you out of there real quick.

Well just imagine how much fun it will be to change the wiper inserts which are dirt cheap  next time.

You ever want some simple stuff done by lexus for free, start to mess with your car in the drive through , they send a tech to help get you out of there real quick.

i dont get it SK lol maybe im just slow what drive through and at lexus everythign is for a cost well everyhting except the hot chocalate they serve at sewell lol

At my local dealers they have a drive through bay for service.

The wiper refills are about $10 for the pair 6 and 4 each . So you can reuse the metal and just replace the rubber inserts.

It doesn't look that great to have an owner servicing there own car in the drive through so they sent a tech to help get me on my way.

One of the reasons I got the OEM wiper blades was to be able to get refills for it.

Good timing on my part - today was Chicago's first snow and these things worked great on my way into work. :cheers:

When I was paying for the wipers the cashier/receptionist asked if I wanted them installed but I didn't have the car with me.