Loud Chirp After Startup - "93 Sc300

sjc6765

I have a '93 sc300,, after I start the engine, about 15 seconds,, there is a loud chirp. Then when I start to drive, it does it again, then goes away. A little bit down the road, the "TRAC" light comes on. The car is running fine besides the noise and the trac light. There are no other warning lights,, this even happens when I turn the traction control off. I am thinking maybe something with the abs,, but I am not sure.

Is there another place to service the abs besides the brake res.?

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this??

Thanks for any help.

I have a '93 sc300,, after I start the engine, about 15 seconds,, there is a loud chirp.  Then when I start to drive, it does it again, then goes away.  A little bit down the road, the "TRAC" light comes on.  The car is running fine besides the noise and the trac light.  There are no other warning lights,, this even happens when I turn the traction control off.  I am thinking maybe something with the abs,, but I am not sure. 

Thanks for any help.

That chirp is the traction control unit trying to go on. Try resetting the TCU by undoing the battery cables and leaving them off for a while, in the forum people have said any where from 15 min to 24 hours. If you take it to the dealer they will say you need a new TCU and it will cost you 1300.00. I did what the forum guru's sadi and saved myself 1300.00!! B)

I tried that, the battery was disconnected for over a day.  It sounds like a pump starving for fluid, does anybody have info on how to bleed the traction control system on a '93 sc300?

Give it a few days!! It did take 2-3 days for it to end after I did that. It does make noise like it is a pump of some sort. It chirps or revs a few times and then the trac light goes on. If that doesn't work take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it only then maybe come back to the forum to get help. It cost 105 for dx here in denver. The dealership has the codes to dx the problem. Sorry it didn't help you!!

• 2 weeks later...

My car is also doing the same thing. The manual says it could be a brake fluid leak. Causing the pump to work too much. It could be a short in the wiring between the trac light and the ecu. THere is a fuse. or it could be the ecu. First check for fluid leak then check fuses.

• 5 months later...

I have a '93 sc300,, after I start the engine, about 15 seconds,, there is a loud chirp. Then when I start to drive, it does it again, then goes away. A little bit down the road, the "TRAC" light comes on. The car is running fine besides the noise and the trac light. There are no other warning lights,, this even happens when I turn the traction control off. I am thinking maybe something with the abs,, but I am not sure.

Thanks for any help.

I am currently having the same problem. It started about 3 years ago. Then, I pulled my TCU and ABS computers, then when I put my units back in, the problem went away for about a year. It started again. I will try to disconnect the battery for awhile and see what that does. Anyone have any advice?

Paul

To bleed the system, connect a hose to the RED bleeder port on the unit, just ahead of the passenger side firewall. Loosen bleeder screw. Turn the pump on and it'll bleed itself. Tighten bleeder screw.

Keep the brake fluid in the reservoir full at all times and wipe up spills immediately as brake fluid will eat your paint.