Quick Suspension Question's

Lexusfreak

Just have a quick suspension question........I might have 3 total. In detail, what is the difference between a rear 'Stabilizer' bar & a rear 'sway' bar? or are they the same thing? :unsure:

What specifically is missing from this list of suspension components......

Shock absorbers, springs, control arms, shafts, steering knuckles, ball joints, bearings, front & rear suspension links, front & rear stabilizer bars, & related bushings, seals & gaskets? :unsure: Please advise & I appreciate the help......thanks everyone! B)

:cheers:

By definition a sway bar is to reduce the side to side motion from turns , it is basically a large elastic piece of steel that is bent to allow movement between the 2 wheels it connects.

The larger the bar the less it allows one wheel to go higher or lower than the other. The bigger the bar the tighter cornering you can do but it will also cause a loss of traction easier in a corner if it is wet.

A stabilizer bar is sometimes called a sway bar but it is usually the connecting rods to a shock or other suspension component to keep it in its intended geometry under compression.

All depends on the car and which corner you are dealing with to know which parts are installed.

Thanks sk,

According to the Lexus dealer, my 'rear sway' bushings were loose & will be in need of replacement when doing the 96k inspection. Only thing was, they were not able to tell me specifically if these items would be covered or not under my Lexus extended warranty.

Happy to report, I received a call late this afternoon that they are in fact covered under warranty & will be replaced. B) Any idea how much (roughly) these bushings would be to replaced (parts & labour) should this not be covered? :unsure: Just curious is all.

:cheers: