Headlight Leveling Indicator Hid

MarkE

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but have a question about HID leveling. I recently had the front bumper on my 99 LS400 repainted black, and now I'm getting this message, "Headlight Leveling" on the dash. I don't believe the headlights were removed, but may have been bumped in the process of being painted. Also, there was some paint overspray on the front of the electric fan and other components in front of the radiator....could this have caused the problem? I will remove the neg cable from the battery tonight to see is the message goes away permanently.

Also, I have searched prior postings, and noticed one member, 1990LS400, posted four .pdf files for Headlight Beam Level Control from the manual back in August 2004. I tried to download the files, but they have already been removed. So, I guess, I'm trying to ping 1990LS400 (or anyone else who has this procedure scanned) to send me this info.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but have a question about HID leveling.  I recently had the front bumper on my 99 LS400 repainted black, and now I'm getting this message, "Headlight Leveling" on the dash.  I don't believe the headlights were removed, but may have been bumped in the process of being painted. Also, there was some paint overspray on the front of the electric fan and other components in front of the radiator....could this have caused the problem?  I will remove the neg cable from the battery tonight to see is the message goes away permanently.

Also, I have searched prior postings, and noticed one member, 1990LS400, posted four .pdf files for Headlight Beam Level Control from the manual back in August 2004.  I tried to download the files, but they have already been removed.  So, I guess, I'm trying to ping 1990LS400 (or anyone else who has this procedure scanned) to send me this info.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Just double check they plugged everything back in tightly. That should fix your problem.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but have a question about HID leveling.  I recently had the front bumper on my 99 LS400 repainted black, and now I'm getting this message, "Headlight Leveling" on the dash.  I don't believe the headlights were removed, but may have been bumped in the process of being painted. Also, there was some paint overspray on the front of the electric fan and other components in front of the radiator....could this have caused the problem?  I will remove the neg cable from the battery tonight to see is the message goes away permanently.

Also, I have searched prior postings, and noticed one member, 1990LS400, posted four .pdf files for Headlight Beam Level Control from the manual back in August 2004.  I tried to download the files, but they have already been removed.  So, I guess, I'm trying to ping 1990LS400 (or anyone else who has this procedure scanned) to send me this info.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Just double check they plugged everything back in tightly. That should fix your problem.

Hello Grand_LS4

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried removing the neg battery cable for 20 minutes, but this didn't do the trick right away. Yesterday, my wife said the "headlight leveling" message disappeared, but the red light next to the message area is still lit. Does the computer need to be reset at this point?

Thanks,

Mark

NarkE,

Whoops, I didn't notice that you had asked for the headlight beam info that I must have deleted from one of my websites. Try using the PM function to contact people - it works very well.

Well, you probably don't need these anymore but here they are...

post-2157-1132762865_thumb.jpg

post-2157-1132762886_thumb.jpg

post-2157-1132762908_thumb.jpg

post-2157-1132762932_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hello Grand_LS4

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried removing the neg battery cable for 20 minutes, but this didn't do the trick right away. Yesterday, my wife said the "headlight leveling" message disappeared, but the red light next to the message area is still lit. Does the computer need to be reset at this point?

Thanks,

Mark

Did you double check the lighting connections? If the message disapeared, but the red light is still ON, then the problem is still there, its just not on the screen at that given time because the computer will let you scroll to other info even when you have a warning message.