Trailer Lights Not Working

lancecurran

2000 LX 470. My trailer running lights stoped working last year. A month ago I went to put the trailer on and now the flasher / break / turn lights are not working at the trailer plug. I placed a test ligh on all three to a good ground and nothing.

I read in other listings about a controler box behind back left pannel. I pulled that off and did not find any control box.

Can anyone please help, I need to tow a trailer asap.

Thanks

It can't be all that mysterious.

Open the panel, find the wires and follow them up.  You'll find the control box.

The box is located behind the left rear taillight assembly. Take of the taillight and it will be down in the body cavity. It can be replaced with an aftermarket one from an auto parts store with no problem. Changed mine several years ago.

Open the panel, find the wires and follow them up.  You'll find the control box.

The box is located behind the left rear taillight assembly. Take of the taillight and it will be down in the body cavity. It can be replaced with an aftermarket one from an auto parts store with no problem. Changed mine several years ago.

Thanks, what after market store can I find one at?

Thanks, what after market store can I find one?

Thanks, what after market store can I find one at?

Any autoparts store - NAPA, AutoZone, Pep boys, etc. They are in with the trailer lights and they are a standard 4way to 3 way (separate brake / turn to combined brake/turn) converters.