Remote Starter For 330

glr

It is beginning to get cold in Columbus and I would love to install a remote starter on my '04 ES330.

A tech at Mobile Electronics confirmed that they can install a remote starter but noted that the remote door lock mechanism will be disabled. In other words, I'll have to open the driver door with the key....the inhumanity of it all!

He demonstrated the situation by using my key to start the car and then tried to lock, unlock the doors and open the trunk using the respective bottons on the key and all mechanisms were unresponsive while the car was running...bummer.

Perhaps those with a remote starter system could share with me their experience...same thing or different.

Thanks for any replies and observations and also thanks for the forum. It is a great resource.

Regards,

Greg

just tested my aftermarket car alarm with remote start for ya on my 95ES. activated my remote start and pushed the factory remote key fob button for lock/unlock to unlock the doors and the doors did unlock. so your tech may be wrong but probably depends how they wired it and the capabilities of the remote start you're interested in.

since i have an aftermarket alarm system if i had opened the doors unlocked by the factory key fob instead of the alarm system's own remote, my aftermarket alarm would have shut down the remote start and the aftermarket alarm would have gone off. the correct procedure for my alarm system after remote start is activated is to unlock the doors with the aftermarket remote, close door, step on the brake pedal, and then insert key and turn to ON position.

if you get an aftermarket alarm sytem with remote start, the tech should be able to install the alarm to work without completely disabling the factory alarm system.. meaning both systems should supplement each other. however, the aftermarket alarm takes priority over the factory.

hope that helps.