Doorlock Question

• 2 weeks later...

great! because i checked around here in md/dc...one dealer was 250, another was 270, another one was 292!!!

ive put this off for a long time..but its getting frustrating....everytime i open the door for someone, when we get out, i have to walk to the other side to lock the door :censored:

labor will be 120ish at my local mechanic...if it wasnt so damn cold out here..id try to do it myself..im sure its not hard...i changed my door lock on my 93 accord before...

I had same problem in 1998 GS 300. The rear door on the passenger side was not working. The dealer replaced both doors lock mechanism on the passenger side. It cost me $1K. Their claim was that there is a short in the line. I guess, I got ripped off.

• 1 month later...

finally changed it...tried to do it myself..to cold outside and sorry, im not that mechanically inclined so i stopped...since i started the job, mechanic charged me $50 to do it....

finally done though...

Hi I'm in NoVA and having the same issue. Who did you take the part to to get it installed? My local Lexus dealer quoted me over $1200 to fix 2 doors which is ridiculous.

Thanks.

David