Repair History From Dealer

Using the VIN, my local dealer was very willing to tell me that my LS had been well maintained which of course added to my willingness to buy high mile. Just wondering if they will provide a printout of same so I will know at what point fluids were replaced rather than just checked, etc.. Think they are reluctant to go that far? Just interested if there is some policy against before I ask.

I just got one for the dealer I bought my '98 LS 400 from. It was fairly basic and had a lot of codes for the various services. Since I had no way of knowing which was the standard oil change versus a unscheduled repair, I had the Service guy mark each code with the item performed.

When I bought the car initially, the sales guy actually showed me the originals, but made it clear he could not give me copies of those since it had personal info on the previous owner.

But just give them your vin number and they can pull up all the previous history work that has been done.