Need Help Asap!

berzerkled

So I'm looking at getting this Celsior (LS400) from Japan and the suspension is currently stuck, it will not move at all. It does have an aftermarket air suspension controller, but it won't do anything. I'm still assuming it's a electrical problem and not that the air shocks are dead because it can still mantain height, it just won't move. Here's a pic of the problem:

4.jpg

I have a few hours to tell them if I want it or not. What could be buggered:

- Just a wiring problem with the aftermarket controller?

- Other wiring problem?

- Rear air bags dead?

- Air pump dead?

- Car Height Sensors buggered?

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks..

personal opinion here, RUN LIKE GUMP FROM THAT CAR!!! Buying a used LS is fine, but buying one that's been tweeked out like that, and is broken in the most expensive area = big trouble$$$$

personal opinion here, RUN LIKE GUMP FROM THAT CAR!!! Buying a used LS is fine, but buying one that's been tweeked out like that, and is broken in the most expensive area = big trouble$$$$

I wouldn't pay any more than a $1000.00 I can just imagine the problems. MHO <_<

But anyway tell us more about the car.

I wouldn't pay any more than a $1000.00 I can just imagine the problems. MHO <_<

But anyway tell us more about the car.

That's all I know about the problem. I had them unplug the aftermarket controller and plug back in the factory and it still wouldn't budge. Is there some sort of reset procedure I can get them to try? Or does it just take driving around to get it all back to stock height?

It's either just needing to be reset or a wiring issue imo.

there is an on/off switch for the suspension in the trunk. your car will not do a thing if that switch is turned off. if i were in your shoes, i would immediate call a local lexus dealership and ask to speak to a diagnostic technician (former mechanic turned customer service rep). run it by him and you will know what the possibilities are for repair. the air suspension on this car is an incredibly expensive repair. proceed with caution!!

Isn't there some sort of master on/off switch in the trunk for the air suspension?

just looked at the pic of the car. not sure whether it's just from the angle of the shot, but it looks like the rear wheels have practically no clearance at all in the wheel well, while the front tires look more normal, clearance wise. rear air struts shot?

there is an on/off switch for the suspension in the trunk. your car will not do a thing if that switch is turned off.  if i were in your shoes, i would immediate call a local lexus dealership and ask to speak to a diagnostic technician (former mechanic turned customer service rep).  run it by him and you will know what the possibilities are for repair.  the air suspension on this car is an incredibly expensive repair. proceed with caution!! 
Isn't there some sort of master on/off switch in the trunk for the air suspension?

there is an on/off switch for the suspension in the trunk. your car will not do a thing if that switch is turned off.  if i were in your shoes, i would immediate call a local lexus dealership and ask to speak to a diagnostic technician (former mechanic turned customer service rep).  run it by him and you will know what the possibilities are for repair.  the air suspension on this car is an incredibly expensive repair. proceed with caution!! 

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah it could even be something that simple.

I don't think it would be costly as the shocks are fine, just some weird electrical glitch. Do you know of a procedure to reset the whole system? I vaugley remember reading directions for it a couple months ago somewhere on the interwebnet.

just looked at the pic of the car.  not sure whether it's just from the angle of the shot, but it looks like the rear wheels have practically no clearance at all in the wheel well, while the front tires look more normal, clearance wise.  rear air struts shot?

Yes thank you for pointing that out. Please read the thread....

what i meant to say is that the switch is in the trunk on MY car ls400 '94. i don't know where it is on that car. re how to reset, i do not know. i would 'google' the problem using keywords 'make/model' of your car, 'air suspension' and something like 'reset'. i've found answers to the most obscure questions that way. good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it would be costly as the shocks are fine, just some weird electrical glitch. Do you know of a procedure to reset the whole system? I vaugley remember reading directions for it a couple months ago somewhere on the interwebnet.

just looked at the pic of the car.  not sure whether it's just from the angle of the shot, but it looks like the rear wheels have practically no clearance at all in the wheel well, while the front tires look more normal, clearance wise.  rear air struts shot?

what i meant to say is that the switch is in the trunk on MY car ls400 '94.  i don't know where it is on that car.  re how to reset, i do not know.  i would 'google' the problem using keywords 'make/model' of your car, 'air suspension' and something like 'reset'.  i've found answers to the most obscure questions that way.  good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

Searched for awhile, that's why I'm here. :P

I'll keep looking but if anyone knows please let me know! Thanks.