Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Wheel Re-clearcoated

How bad is it?

Corrosion?

chipped?

scratched?

peeling?

Just the clearcoat has peeled off and it looks like dried up water is all around the lip of the wheel. I was told the clearcoat has peeled off. It hasn't come off on the inner wheel (3 piece wheel), it is just the lip.

How bad is it?

Corrosion?

chipped?

scratched?

peeling?

Just the clearcoat has peeled off and it looks like dried up water is all around the lip of the wheel. I was told the clearcoat has peeled off. It hasn't come off on the inner wheel (3 piece wheel), it is just the lip.

you could probably reclearcoat it yourself or take it to a paint shop and see what they'd charge you.

How bad is it?

Corrosion?

chipped?

scratched?

peeling?

you could probably reclearcoat it yourself or take it to a paint shop and see what they'd charge you.

Don't they have to sand it, then re-clearcoat? Can I do that myself? If you know how I can, Turbo, let me know. I am willing to "save a buck". :D

First go buy some Meguiars Paint cleaner aka step1 and see if that will help to remove just the clearcoat. Then when you get it how you want it, clean the surface with grease and oil remover, you should also do this before the meguiars. buy some decent clearcoat in a can and spray on light coats until you get what you're looking for. I'd also check with some local paint shops for estimates as it may be cheap enough to let them do it. <_<

First go buy some Meguiars Paint cleaner aka step1 and see if that will help to remove just the clearcoat. Then when you get it how you want it, clean the surface with grease and oil remover, you should also do this before the meguiars. buy some decent clearcoat in a can and spray on light coats until you get what you're looking for. I'd also check with some local paint shops for estimates as it may be cheap enough to let them do it. <_<

Turbo,

Are you saying this from experience? You know when the clearcoat has come off a wheel it looks like dried up water on your wheel that will not come off. So with that, I can do what you stated above? Let me know. :D

Turbo,

Are you saying this from experience? You know when the clearcoat has come off a wheel it looks like dried up water on your wheel that will not come off. So with that, I can do what you stated above? Let me know. :D

The dried up water look is just oxidation, the meguiars will help remove that. What have you got to lose? <_<

Turbo,

The dried up water look is just oxidation, the meguiars will help remove that. What have you got to lose? <_<

So, do the steps you stated above?

• 3 weeks later...

Turbo,

So, do the steps you stated above?

Well, the paint remover did not work. Anyone have any more suggestions? Please Help! Again, the lip of 2 of my wheels looks as if the clear coat has come off. The wheel lip is polished. It looks like "dried water" marks all around the lip that will not wipe off. What can I do?