94 Sc400 Dash Lights Went Dim

lexus082

My car was around idle speed and when I went to change lanes with the turn signal my dash lights, radio light, climate control unit lights all went dim when the turn signal flashed. The Lexus battery is less than a year old, is this most likely a sign that the alternator needs to be replaced soon?? I know about the power steering leaks causing the alternator to go bad. I plan on changing the battery terminals and wires. What would be the most likely reason as to why the lights on the interior would dim when the turn signal is flashing. I had the headlights on, the climate control unit on, driver's side heat seater on, the radio on and thats about it. year 94 sc400 approx 160,000 miles, almost new lexus oem battery 8 months old.

I had the headlights on, the climate control unit on, driver's side heat seater on, the radio on and thats about it.

Thats about it! im not an expert but, if they just dimmed when you pushed on the turn signal i wouldnt worry so much. My headlights go dim when i hit the sunroof button or PW buttons, i think nothing of it. I did think it to possibly be my alternator so i took it to Discount Auto Parts and they checked the alternator diodes for free. try that, they might tell you to upgrade to an optima batt also... i mean that is a lot of heavy current running at once. hope this helps

My car was around idle speed and when I went to change lanes with the turn signal my dash lights, radio light, climate control unit lights all went dim when the turn signal flashed.  The Lexus battery is less than a year old, is this most likely a sign that the alternator needs to be replaced soon?? I know about the power steering leaks causing the alternator to go bad.  I plan on changing the battery terminals and wires.  What would be the most likely reason as to why the lights on the interior would dim when the turn signal is flashing.  I had the headlights on, the climate control unit on, driver's side heat seater on, the radio on and thats about it.  year 94 sc400 approx 160,000 miles, almost new lexus oem battery 8 months old.

I know its normal for the lights to go dim when you put down a window or use something that draws a lot of current, but this wasn't the same dim where the lights just go dim slightly. This was more like the lights lost 50% of their power each time the turn signal was flashing. They went very dim, I haven't noticed anything since then.