93 Lexus Gs300 Having Problems Starting

I have a 93 Lexus GS300 and i having problems starting my car in the morning, i had my alternator replaced as well as new battery put in but once i get my car started after several attempts i notice that my battery light flashes on and off and then my ABS light stays on. Whats so strange about this problem is that its an intermittent problem i can go days and even a week and every thing seem normal then the battery light starts flashing. I dont lose any power, the lights dont dim the car drives normal. Can someone give me an idea to whats going on.

Check for loose or corroded battery terminal, connections or wires.  <_<

Hey: May have to replace the cables, clean them first, use clubsoda to clean them or a cheap tool that they sell in the autoparts to clean them. Also can use electrical parts cleaner, or some sand paper, the cheapest way. Second coat lightly the terminals with petroleum jelly, very light coat. Tight connectors really good, do not break them either, they should not move easily with your finger. What people call good and tight.

If when you do this the car does not start or lights in the panel do not light up, tight the connections a little more, if the cluster do not come still one, need to replace terminals one at the time until the problem is solved, maybe your terminals need replacing.

In the autoparts store in the battery terminal section there should be good replacements for them. Hope you do not have to take this last route, but with a car that age it can happen. Usually is only one of them not both.

C. PR

Thanks man I see 3 out of 3 say the same thing so i will be going to my mechanic bright and early tomorrow morning and make sure this gets looked at thanks for all the good advice.

Hello: Since you have been around the Lexus models more than I, is the Gs-300 basen upon the Old Supra?

Thanks, why I asked is because I had a 87 Supra and loved it.

C. PR

Hello: Since you have been around the Lexus models more than I, is the Gs-300 basen upon the Old Supra?

Thanks, why I asked is because I had a 87 Supra and loved it.

C. PR

No, however it does share the engine and a few suspension parts from the 93-97 supra.

The 87 supra had the 1m engine, I believe. The GS3 is also known as the toyota aristo in japan.

I wanna thank everyone for there advise and suggestions and your suggestions were duly noted the verdict is that the reason why my battery light was coming on is because I had a distibutor oil seal that leaked onto to my alternator which caused it to malfuntion or in other words caused it to blowback if thats the correct terminlogy.