Warning: Sears Service

lexluxury

for those of you who think you can save some money by going to cheaper places? think again. friend with ls400 had oil change at jiffy lube. they didn't replace the gasket (at the drain plug) and it leaked all over the place. i should have learned from his experience but did not. same problem with a sears oil change, and the only reason it was caught was because i happened to have the car looked at somewhere else for another reason and those people told me abou the gasket. i had leaking oil and a completely corroded seal. now why would anyone put an OLD gasket back on when their aftermarket part is sitting right there. also paid them for changing out the brake fluids. well, guess what. two weeks later, someone else advised the brake fluid needed to be flushed; it was filthy. i got my money back, but learned my lesson. either a diy, or you stand right there and watch every single step that mechanic makes with your car. they must have taken me for a fool. wrong.

for those of you who think you can save some money by going to cheaper places?  think again.  friend with ls400 had oil change at jiffy lube. they didn't replace the gasket (at the drain plug) and it leaked all over the place.  i should have learned from his experience but did not.  same problem with a sears oil change, and the only reason it was caught was because i happened to have the car looked at somewhere else for another reason and those people told me abou the gasket.  i had leaking oil and a completely corroded seal.  now why would anyone put an OLD gasket back on when their aftermarket part is sitting right there.  also paid them for changing out the brake fluids.  well, guess what.  two weeks later, someone else advised the brake fluid needed to be flushed; it was filthy. i got my money back, but learned my lesson.  either a diy, or you stand right there and watch every single step that mechanic makes with your car. they must have taken me for a fool.  wrong.

I always ask to see what the mechanic is doing, Ask for the old parts, Check it over before I pay, etc... If they don't let you look at it there is something wrong.