Whats A Good College

indiasfinest

im gonne be a freshman im just thinking ahead since this is when you're suppose to start thinking....can someone give me the website to GMI since everytime i google it gorgia medical institiute comes up....MIT is ranked 7th in the nation...harvard is ranked 1st...im havind second thoughts and maybe i should major in buisness

You have 4 more years to find out you want to major in. Some kids are juniors in college and still don't know what they want to do! LOL

I didn't know until the end of high school that biology and chemistry were "my thing".

You have plenty of time to decide. Just work hard and explore different engineering classes etc. Does your school have CAD classes? Computer aiding drafting it's called...Teaches you how to draw 3-D objects that can be made into real things, like cars. All cars start out as computer drawings.

You have 4 more years to find out you want to major in. Some kids are juniors in college and still don't know what they want to do! LOL

I didn't know until the end of high school that biology and chemistry were "my thing".

You have plenty of time to decide. Just work hard and explore different engineering classes etc. Does your school have CAD classes? Computer aiding drafting it's called...Teaches you how to draw 3-D objects that can be made into real things, like cars. All cars start out as computer drawings.

true but an engineer will not be doing cad that much. It is more a designer function. Engineers do more paper work, big time. I am not being an a$$, but I have done both job functions within the aerospace field. It is a catch 22. Designers does not require a 4 year degree (some places) and designers jobs are going bye bye (at least for us). Most are job to India, Poland and other palces.

Now the eng part, my CAD usuage went down to like 10% and my meetings are like 65% of my day. Going to vendors, other aerospace builders/contractors, looking up common parts, spec's etc ar ethe rest. But you will get paid more. I still HATE, yes hate my meetings for the end of the job. It is with gov people, other companies, vp's, etc. Talk about dodging bullets. About 45 people asking you anything and everything. The gov people are the who who say yes or no.

Plus the "computer drawings" are going bye bye. Most are models that go to SLA; then if that works goes to castings & hogouts (there are other ways too) . Problem with CAD is anyone can design a part on a CAD tool. Making, able to, in real life and it having good repeatability, manufacturability, servicablity, keeping price down, lead times etc is a different story.

Not trying to be an a$$, but I would spend some did with an engineer since most do the same job function and see if you like it. I went to school for 9 years and I would hate to have paid $30K a year for a major that I did not like.

im gonne be a freshman im just thinking ahead since this is when you're suppose to start thinking....can someone give me the website to GMI since everytime i google it gorgia medical institiute comes up....MIT is ranked 7th in the nation...harvard is ranked 1st...im havind second thoughts and maybe i should major in buisness

GMI (link below). I know some kids that go there since they are interns. I know people that have gone to both schools here in MA. Most college are the same proce per year; around $35K

If you are more hands on I would select MIT. They are both good schools but I think they are overstated because of the names. Then again I know people without degrees and will blow people with degrees out of the water too.

http://www.kettering.edu/

These kids get about $13 per hour as interns where I work. That does not include the free housing and a car. PLus when they get out they start pretty darn high in pay, big time.

are we talking 6 figure high or even close to six figure...like i would hate to go to college for this long of a time and get paid what my math teacher makes...just like someone else said earlier...high school wil be fun and i will be taking a lot of hands on electives...i did CAD for a week..not much fun..but then again..its a week...lol..nobody said anything on buisness...pretty soon after im done with college i would like to make six figure...i would love that...

thanks i didnt know that JK lol :D...its hard to explain..i could sit here and right a book on what i want to make/do after college..its only a hadnful of years awayy

Things will change too. When i was a freshman in high school i was certain i wanted to be an 8th grade algebra teacher, but then when biology was introduced to me it all changed.

Just relax and take in as much information you can, and remember to keep your mind open. <_<

You may find new things to more interesting to you; it'll hit you.

are we talking 6 figure high or even close to six figure...like i would hate to go to college for this long of a time and get  paid what my math teacher makes...just like someone else said earlier...high school wil be fun and i will be taking a lot of hands on electives...i did CAD for a week..not much fun..but then again..its a week...lol..nobody said anything on buisness...pretty soon after im done with college i would like to make six figure...i would love that...

you are not going to make 6 figures as an engineer; Very un-likely. Out of school right now is like 45 to 50K to start. Then add your yearly raises; avg 2 to 5.

That is why we all laugh at work. If I knew then what I know now...."you can make money as an engineer" ...LOL