Shock From Bulb Replacement......anyone?

Could you be a little less specific?

I gather you were standing in your shower, with one foot in the sink trying to change the bulb in the ceiling fan. Right?

Come on, this is a car forum, he was obveasly not working on the ceiling fan, but I'm not sure about the sink and shower. I mean if he has a large bathroom, he could have ben working on the car in there :D

I apoligize for making fun at this :huh:

If you give more info we will really try to help. Like what bulb on what. And was power on or off???

I gather you were standing in your shower, with one foot in the sink trying to change the bulb in the ceiling fan. Right?

Come on, this is a car forum, he was obveasly not working on the ceiling fan, but I'm not sure about the sink and shower. I mean if he has a large bathroom, he could have ben working on the car in there :D

I apoligize for making fun at this :huh:

If you give more info we will really try to help. Like what bulb on what. And was power on or off???

I once replaced a bulb and was shocked that it worked. :lol::lol::lol:

Now on a serious note: The more details you provide the better response you will receive.

HILARIOUS...

I actually had posted the entilre question previously and after about two hours with no responses I figured I would just post again in a much shorter format. The original question was about changing the DRL's because the manual for my GS400 says dismantling or changing bulbs could cause electric shock - so is this just a ploy to get people to use the dealership?

thanks

HILARIOUS...

I actually had posted the entilre question previously and after about two hours with no responses I figured I would just post again in a much shorter format. The original question was about changing the DRL's because the manual for my GS400 says dismantling or changing bulbs could cause electric shock - so is this just a ploy to get people to use the dealership?

thanks

Just a precautionary statement that LEXUS lawyers put in the manual. You won't get a shock and they take 20 seconds to replace.

HILARIOUS...

thanks

Just a precautionary statement that LEXUS lawyers put in the manual. You won't get a shock and they take 20 seconds to replace.

Thanks....much appreciated!!

The only bulb in a car that would be a shock hazard would be a HID lamp, if the vehicle were so equipped. As a HID lamp needs high voltage to start (as well as under some other operating conditions) is would be wise to pay attention when servicing them. All other lamps are standard 12 volts.

HILARIOUS...

thanks

Now I'm shocked!