Cell Phone Use In The Is 250 Awd

I've been reading the posts under other Lexus models and getting worried that I won't be able to get a cellphone to work properly in my IS 250 AWD when it gets in to the dealer in a couple of weeks. What I really want is to have VOICE DIALING so I won't have to take my eyes off the road or my hands off of the steering wheel.

Is anyone here successfully using a cell phone through bluetooth in a new IS 250/350? anyone able to use voice dialing in a new IS 250/350?

I am currently driving a BMW with the factory phone and Sprint as my cell phone carrier. All I have to do, to place a call, regardless of whether or not the car is moving, is press the speaker phone button on the steering wheel. WHen I do that, there is one tone, and I say the name of the person I want to call and the Sprint Voice Command does the rest (if the name and number have been entered into Sprint Voice Command using my internet connection at my home or my office). The Voice Command is a service of Sprint that costs only $5 per month. I checked and Cingular has a similar service.

Anyone able to use voice dialing in their IS 250/250? I don't care which cell phone company or which telephone I have to use, I just want the phone to work properly.

I have a 250 RWD with voice-activated navigation. The phone setup process

with the car (via the navigation screens) allows you to download your entire

phone book into the car. After that you just say "Dial by Name" and say

"John Doe" and then it does it.

Alternatively, you can say "Dial 650-xxx-xxxx".

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone able to use voice dialing in their IS 250/250?  I don't care which cell phone company or which telephone I have to use, I just want the phone to work properly.

From what I understand you must have the navigation package in order to connect with a Bluetooth phone. I have my is250 RWD connecting seamlessly with my Treo 650 using Sprint. Hands off dialing is a little cumbersome though. You have to go through a few steps before the call is actually placed.