Lcd Navigation Screens

LexKid630

Probably not anything to worry about. Look at the debate of Plasma TV vs. LCD TV. One of the big pros to LCD over Plasma initially was that plasmas will burn out over time. (Plasma burn out time is now 60K + hours which equates to about 7 years of watching TV 24/7).

Both types of displays will lose some of their brightness over time, with LCDs losing more than Plasma over the same amount of time. When compared to a home theatre display, in car screens are also subjected to more heat and cold extremes which is not good for them.

Even with those considerations, I'm guessing that LCDs shouldn't ever burn out in the average lifespan of a car.

I'm most worried about "burn in."

This means that after a while of the screen lighting up the SAME figure, it literally burns in the screen, so if i were to go from the nav screen to the menu, you will still be able to see a shadow of the compass rose etc. So far i haven't seen any signs in either RX's or the LS. My wife doesn't even change the screen from the agree thing LOL