Found Out Why My Keyless Remote Wasn't Working

after reading the faq, i found out that the antenna is part of the defogger grill.... I tried the key way up close and it work. I guess it wouldnt' work at least a couple feet away is because my defogger in the back is broken..

could that be the problem as why my keyless remote doesn't work far away? because its broken and the radio signal thats transferred all over the grilled isn't there?

glad the faq did help

but unless the windows where tinted badly and they knicked the grid on the lower part of the rear window it still should work

there is sometimes a connection inside the key which breaks and can be repaired

but unless you know what you are looking for to see the broken connection and solder it it is sometimes hard to fix

the battery was changed a year something ago, didn't work so didn't bother messing with it.... havn't use it since... checked with multimeter still has 3.2v out of 3vs

I'm thinking my defogger didn't have contact with any of the grill, coz when i turn it on in the winter, theres no lines thats defogged

where is the fuse for the defogger located at? in front of the driver side theres 2 fuse box, i couldn't find 1 that saids defogger.. sux having no manual....

btw are these the manuals i need to get?

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...ubCategoryID=26

The picture shows some other, but the description saids for 92 es300s... volume 1 and 2... how many volumes should there be? and is 115 for the 2 books a good price or can i get it on ebay for cheaper?

those are the rigth type of manual the 92-93 are the same 94 is by itself and the 95-96 are the same

with no changes so either 2 could be used if applicable for the model year

there are 3 volumes in total

1 is for the engine parts

2 is for the trim and interior plus body panles and adjustments

3 is a wiring schematic

very good if you understand wiring and troubleshooting

the fuse i don't know just look under the hood as well

Never be without your owner's manual. The link you posted is for repair manuals and they are expensive.

owners manuals have the fuse layout in them too.

They go for about $20 from your dealership or www.lexus.com.

you can get them cheap from www.lexus-parts.com

try this link, it is the first three parts listed:

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?Su...D=26&ModelID=48

and of course ebay is always got a few up for grabs. Sometimes these come with the leather pouch too.

Check it out.

steviej