Help! Dead Sc300

My 94 SC300 will not start. The lights and stereo work so it is not the battery, but when you turn the key to start the car, you hear one click, and then silence, i think it is the alternator, i don't have an OBD meter, so i'm hoping you guys can help my out.

:cries:

Check the battery first. As mentioned, when it is low, it can still turn on the stereo, etc. Not only that, but checking the battery is the cheapest thing you can do right now. Beats changing out an alternator, if you don't have to.

Next, check alternator and starter.

clean your battery terminals, and if that wont work, try having the battery tested if that checks ok then its your starter. your interior accesories dont draw that much current so nor do your lights, if your lights are dim that means your battery is totally dead. your starter can draw upwards of 80 amps but its more like 120, compared to your 7 amp head light thats alot more. but in anycase if the battery checks out its your starter solenoid contacts. just get it rebuilt. it should run about a 100 bucks and its fairly easy to take out of the car yourself.