Looking For Tutorial

914lps

I have loooked over the posts, and searched.  Just cant find one.  I think it is on the board "somewhere?

I had a look at my manual and it stated to;

1. Remove the air duct covers at the front and all the connected hoses on the pump.

2) Remove the drive belt.

Loosen the drive belt tension by turning the drive belt tensioner

counterclockwise, and remove the drive belt.

3. Remove the pump pulley.

(a) remove the pulley set nut (it calls for service tool SST 09278–54012, which is a c-spanner with perpendicular prongs that engage holes in the pulley)

( b ) Remove the pulley.

4. Remove the pump assembly.

Undo the bolts and nut then tilt the pump onto its back to easily remove it.

5. To install the pump assembly

(a) Loosely install the three bolts and the nut.

( b ) Torque the bolts and nut on the pump assembly starting with the lowest and work uppwards.

Torque: Bolts 39 NVm (400 kgfVcm, 29 ftVlbf)

Nut 43 NVm (440 kgfVcm, 32 ftVlbf)

6. Connect the pressure tube.

Make sure the stopper is touching the pump housing (as far away from the pulley as possible), then torque the union bolt.

Torque: 49 NVm (500 kgfVcm, 36 ftVlbf)

6b. It doesn't say anything about the pulley, I assume you put it on here (sorry no torque reading).

7. Bleed the power steering system.

Good luck!

Leadfoot.

The info worked great. I just wish the replacement pump I bought was the right one. The part number was right on the sealed box. But the wrong pump was inside. Can't get another one till Monday... So It's Saab time.. :D my other car is a Saab..... 84 with 350,000 ... Makes a 91 LS400 wih 130,000 look new and low milladge!

The new pump I had installed superceded the old design. Toyota have removed the air valve on the pump (the one that caused all those leakage problems) and now I have an ugly screw plugging the pipe on the intake manifold where the tube used to go. So you may actually have the right part!

What is the main difference?

Fingers crossed.

numbers on box right...Numbers on part do not match those on part. Bolt hols diferant. Openings diferant. Pully shaft diferant . Whole unit smaller....

And we could not figur out how to make it work by duct taping it on :lol: