2004 Lx 470 Tires

DimaDC

Facing replacement of stock tires that my vehicle came with, which are Dunlop Grand Track AT 23 (275/60R-18)

I also have other choices which are:

-Nitto NT-404 Extreme Force SUV 275/60R-18

-Michelin Pilot LTX 275/60R-18

- Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 275/60R-18

Any suggestions?

I'm also considering an option of going "plus zero" and getting a wider tire with size 285/60R-18.

Here are my other choices:

Hankook Ventus ST RHO6

Falken Ziex S/TZ-04

Falken Ziex S/TZ-01

Goodyear Eagle GT II

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT

Pirelli Scorpion Zero

Yokohama Geolandar HTS

Michelin Pilot LTX

Yokohama AVS S/T

Kumho ECSTA STX

Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P

All of these tires are only available in 285/60R/18

My question is wheather any of you went with an optional tires and would it work out with OEM wheels.

Thanks!

Stay away from the Bridgestone Deulers. They were stock on my 2002 4Runner, and even when fresh (less than 5k on them) and 4WD, TCS and VSC, still managed to get in 2 accidents in the snow. They have a horribly shallow tread depth, and at 30k looked almost like racing semi-slicks. And I'm sure you know how the District handles clearing snow off the streets (it doesn't). I'd suggest Michilens, which are very grippy in the dry and wet, very good in the snow, and very good in the sand.

cross_terrain_suv_large.jpg

Cross Terrain SUV.

I am getting ready to buy new 18" tires for my 2004 LX470. Not many choices out there and will most likely go with the same Michilens that came with it. They have served me well and I have seen a few negative things about the Dunlops.

I really do not want to buy wheels but will when I trade for the 2007 next November. I am hoping that the LX470 replacement, what ever it is, will be available as this is my 3rd LX470 and am looking for a change :)

Stay away from the Bridgestone Deulers.  They were stock on my 2002 4Runner, and even when fresh (less than 5k on them) and 4WD, TCS and VSC, still managed to get in 2 accidents in the snow.  They have a horribly shallow tread depth, and at 30k looked almost like racing semi-slicks.  And I'm sure you know how the District handles clearing snow off the streets (it doesn't).  I'd suggest Michilens, which are very grippy in the dry and wet, very good in the snow, and very good in the sand.

cross_terrain_suv_large.jpg

Cross Terrain SUV.

Not much snow to warry about in Jacksonville Florida, but after the weather we had this summer, nothing would surprise me. The Michilens have little tread depth either. The current Pilots have done a good job and I guess I will replace with the same.

• 2 years later...
Facing replacement of stock tires that my vehicle came with, which are Dunlop Grand Track AT 23 (275/60R-18)

I also have other choices which are:

-Nitto NT-404 Extreme Force SUV 275/60R-18

-Michelin Pilot LTX 275/60R-18

- Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 275/60R-18

Any suggestions?

I'm also considering an option of going "plus zero" and getting a wider tire with size 285/60R-18.

Here are my other choices:

Hankook Ventus ST RHO6

Falken Ziex S/TZ-04

Falken Ziex S/TZ-01

Goodyear Eagle GT II

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT

Pirelli Scorpion Zero

Yokohama Geolandar HTS

Michelin Pilot LTX

Yokohama AVS S/T

Kumho ECSTA STX

Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P

All of these tires are only available in 285/60R/18

My question is wheather any of you went with an optional tires and would it work out with OEM wheels.

Thanks!

I will be on the same boat in a couple of months , I have been looking at the Michelin Pilot LTX2 or

at the same time I might get the new LX570, if Lexus dealers are willing to deal below MSRP.