98 Gs400 Steering Squeek Problem

My 98 gs400 just started squeeking like crazy. Only at very low speeds like when going through parking lots and such. It does it every time i turn the wheel and i'm slowing down to stop. I checked my power steering fluid and It was full. Does anyone have an Idea of whats going on??????????

My 98 gs400 just started squeeking like crazy. Only at very low speeds like when going through parking lots and such. It does it every time i turn the wheel and i'm slowing down to stop. I checked my power steering fluid and It was full. Does anyone have an Idea of whats going on??????????

Replace the accy. belt, check PS fluid, Probably replace fluid anyway. Here are some instructions.

power_steering_specs.pdf

power_steering.pdf

testing_pdf_power_steering_gs300.pdf

Do you mean squeal? If so then DCfish's suggestion should help.If not then it may be the power steering pump bearing.

Do you mean squeal? If so then DCfish's suggestion should help.If not then it may be the power sterring pump bearing.

Thanks guys, I took It to a shop during lunch and It looks like It might be the lower control arm on the passenger side and/or the bushing on the lower control arm..... I'm going to drop It off at the dealer this week.

Do you mean squeal? If so then DCfish's suggestion should help.If not then it may be the power sterring pump bearing.

Thanks guys, I took It to a shop during lunch and It looks like It might be the lower control arm on the passenger side and/or the bushing on the lower control arm..... I'm going to drop It off at the dealer this week.

That could do it as well!

That could do it as well!

Well I got a call back from the shop today and It was the the two lower ball joints that needed to be replaced.... $400 not to bad, I guess.....