Cv Joints/half Shafts

rmiley6

SKperformance

I have searched everywhere for your tutorial on cv joints to no avail. :cries: Can you please give us a hint as to where it might be? :D

Thanks in advance for your help and all the guys that help others on this forum

Ron

Remember to always buy a replacement half-shaft (That's the full axles for one side). Never replace just the offending CV joint. The cost difference is neglidgable.

I would take a sharpie & right the rough date & mileage on the shaft before it goes back in too.

The real 1994 Toyota Camry repair manual:

CVAxle-I.jpg

CVAxle-II.jpg

CVAxle-III.jpg

CVAxle-IV.jpg

CVAxle-VI.jpg

CVAxle-VII.jpg

After removing old axle shaft, not too bad, but first time no confidence, the new would not go in the hub. Again first timer, several hours of sweat and cussing the Camry book and Toyota and myself for getting in this mess, I removed the first new shaft completely. Then tried the other new shaft, I bought for both sides. The other new shaft went right in, no problems. Don't what was wrong with the first one but it would only go in part way, a burr on the shaft or something. I told Advance auto parts not to put it back on the shelf because I don't to get the same one next week.

Thanks for the help!! :cheers: