I Want To Turbo My 99 Gs300

hi i was just wondering if anyone here has turbo'd their gs300? i would love to see pics and list of ur setup and how much it cost u w/ tuning.. bone stock engine.

i have a turbo civic hatch w/ b18b turbo setup.. but thats a civic totally different.. cheaper lol..

hope u guyz post thanks..

I'm planning on going turbo here pretty soon, if your looking for help with Tuning and other stuff like that, this site is good for lexus help, but if you want turbo help...here ya go www.clubna-t.com and also try www.supraforums.com both have people with many na-t conversions. I have not come across too many gs300 na-t, but i have seen some, i found one on google, but my firefox acted up and I lost all my bookmarks. also theres i think maybe one na-t gs300 at clublexus.com not sure though. I'm not sayin those boards are better than this one, if i have a problem i always come here, its the best place for help with the lexus, but theres not enough people here turboed to help me with my turbo stuff, at least i dont think so, if there is, they havent spoken up. Anyway, try those site, theres alot of SC300 na-t's and alot of ppl just do the GTE swap

if your wondering about cost, i have most of the basic parts needed put together from the manifold to the intercooler and fuel management, im putting together my own kit centered around a PT61, precision is a great company, i have heard and seen many applications with a PT61 and PT63, they work great. my price so far is 2200, but, thats without flanges and intercooler pipes and dyno tunning, as i plan on not doing it myself(scared). but if u can do it yourself, more power to u. few things i can tell u, the tranny wont hold more than 400whp safely, maybe a lil more, but dont push it. of course upgrade the fuel pump. if your looking for lots of power check out SPengineering or SRT. they have alot of stuff(SRT = swift racing technologies, if u search on google, SRT will bring up a bunch of nonsense so u have to type out the name). Im sure you know the game as u have a civic. anyway, hope this kinda helps u out. good luck.

dang 2200 and its not complete yet.. hmm looks to me its gonna be at least 5k w/ tuning expenses...

what are u using for fuel management? e-manage?

how does an automatic blow off? my civic blows off very nice w/ the hks ssq :) ball bearing turbo's make a big difference.. ;)

i hope to scare some foo's w/ my gs turbo'd hahaha..

thanks for the reply.. got any pics?

no, no pictures yet. I havent bought everything yet, 2200 is how much its gonna cost once i do buy everything minus tuning. I am gonna use the Apex-i SAFCII to tune, maybe, havent decided yet, I may just get emanage ultimate since Im OBDII. Im pretty sure an automatic will blow off just as nicely as a stick. Just rev it up and hold it, then let your foot off the pedal, I can do it in my car, not sure about yours. As of right now I dont plan on going with more than 350-375rwhp, so I'm safe with stock injectors, hopefully they will tune ok. The stock injectors are 330's. Im going to leave the Headgasket stock also, which is stock compression. Theres a guy on clubna-t with stock headgasket on his supra, forger what year, but he is running 15psi on stock compression. Its amazing, his torque is higher than his horsepower, which is rarely seen on turbocharged cars seeing as they call for lower compression or a alky/meth injection. Ill give you my list of parts I have and need to buy, its pretty much everything lol.

The manifold, intercooler, BOV, oil lines, and wastegate are all coming from ebay. The turbo is a PT61 from nolimitmotorsports.com, K&N from Boostlogic, fuel pump from nolimitmotorsports also, and the SAFCII and greddy boost controller are both on ebay.

Manifold - $380

Turbo - $795

Oil Lines - $78.00

K&N Air filter - $60.00

Wastegate - $140

255lph fuel pump - $100.00

Intercooler - XO2Racing $210 + Free BOV

Apex-i SAFCII - $225.00

Greddy Profec-B - $260.00

I'm hoping the ebay stuff will be good, many people say its crap, but noone has really tested it.

Of course theres still all the flanges and everything else. so I figure that once Im done its gonna be around 4000+ after tuning. So I'm still saving my money. I have more than enough to buy all this junk :), but I want to get it tuned and everything right away, so I am going to wait.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

It depends on your power goals, labor plans (shop or DIY), and experience. You have a turbo civic. Did you do the work or was it a shop?

You can probably squeeze out a setup for 5k by saving costs here and there, especially with labor. If you want a custom built, clean setup from a (hopefully) knowledgeable/reputable shop, you are probably looking more at 8k - 15k. The tuning will be more difficult because of the learning aspects of the engine ECU on the Lexus.

Good luck.

thanks for the replies and list... :) hmm.. interesting..

yeah i do most of the work.. im cripple now cuz of a car accident. as in my left leg is bad. but mostly me and my friends do work on my civic. never a shop.. y pay them? when u know how to do it. lol

but, a lexus i dont wanna mess w/.. a buddy of mine has a shop dunno how much he's gonna charge me yet. but he knows his stuff.

he has a zc running 10's turbocharged. in his 88 or so ef civic. ;)

and as for ebay.. u got the ssauto stuff? i see many people on civic forums showing pics of it cracking on them w/ very low miles on the mani.. u wouldnt want that to happen w/ ur lexo.. but thats not back for complete w/ tuning.. safcII is what im using on my civic and it works pretty well.. and its not even tuned i tuned it myself on 450cc injectors on 10 psi.. ls motor..

so i hope u get some pics up :) and good luck w/ urs. hopefully someone posts pics of their complete setup on gs series lexus.. :) thanks

• 2 weeks later...

no, nothin yet, dont worry, i will post here...supra forums..clubna-t...and probably club lexus once i do get everthing bought and paid for. It will most likely not happen till around christmas time :) its getting cold, and christmas is gettin closer :)!! i have enough to buy everything, just not enough for install and tuning. for those of you wondering why i dont have any money, i a college kid with no money and insurance and gas are getting really bad...ahh..o well. and also, it is the SSautochrome stuff, theres a guy with an SC300 on clubna-t he said he got his and it fits and works fine, course i havent bought mine yet so i will see what happens with his. hows your search going for turbo info? theres a site with some pretty cheap turbos..none of which i want, but here it is http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/index.html

try that, maybe you will find a cheap turbo you want. Im gonna stick with the PT61 many people makin big numbers on it. like i said before, im lookin for 350whp, or less. whatever i get between 8-10 psi is what im stickin with. let us know whats up with your project.

• 2 months later...