Wow! 2006 Rav4

wwest

Is getting an entirely new AWD system design, full time, but with a switch that allows you to lock the torque distribution at 55/45 F/R. Also new is electric only stearing with a "stick shaker" effect on the stearing wheel when VSC activates to prevent you from turning the stearing wheel in a way that would exacerbate overstearing or understearing.

Will the 2006 RX330 also get these features??

Also new is electric only stearing with a "stick shaker" effect on the stearing wheel when VSC activates to prevent you from turning the stearing wheel in a way that would exacerbate overstearing or understearing.

I don't like the sound of that at all...

Personally I love it!

Much better than a simple beep and/or visual indicator, especially ones that quiets or extinguishes before the driver can acknowledge the event.

Like the way the brake pedal vibration "tells" you that the roadbed is too slippery for hard braking and directional control simultaneously, the "new" stearing wheel indication will instantly "tell" you what is wrong and how to help correct it.

Keeping the driver in the control loop.

Unlike the BMW system that will simply counter-stear the vehicle against your own stearing inputs in these circumstances

I have been watching the new Rav4 closely. It may become a replacement for my aging RX. As far as the feedback through the steering wheel, it sounds like a great improvement over current feedback. Remember when ABS first came out and the negative comments about the brake pedal feedback?