99 Rx300 A/c Fan

pilotguy

My 99 RX300 runs great up until yesterday. While driving on the road all of sudden the fan started to blow air at high speed. I still have cold air. I have tried to adjust the fan speed to see if it made any difference but no matter if I dialed to HI or LO the fan speed stayed the same. I parked it in the garage overnight and tried to restarted this morning and it was still doing the samething.

Also another thing is that my A/C normally does not get turned on in the morning while the engine is cold. It will turn on several minutes after the engine is wamed up. This morning when I turned on the ignition, the A/C came on soon after and the fan started to blow cold air at HI fan speed.

I am not sure what happened... Please help....

Thanks in advance...

My 99 RX300 runs great up until yesterday. While driving on the road all of sudden the fan started to blow air at high speed. I still have cold air. I have tried to adjust the fan speed to see if it made any difference but no matter if I dialed to HI or LO the fan speed stayed the same. I parked it in the garage overnight and tried to restarted this morning and it was still doing the samething.

Also another thing is that my A/C normally does not get turned on in the morning while the engine is cold. It will turn on several minutes after the engine is wamed up. This morning when I turned on the ignition, the A/C came on soon after and the fan started to blow cold air at HI fan speed.

I am not sure what happened... Please help....

Thanks in advance...

Some of the earlier A/C systems used a relay, to avoid the small voltage drop across a transistor, to run the blower on mAX speed. Sounds as if the relay contacts are stuck shut or in the alternative the speed controlling power transistor is shorted.

Super east to replace. Take out the glovebox and lower black cover. you'll see a aluminum case with 1 connector. 5-6 wires. The controller says BLOWER CONTROLLER on it. All you need is a 10mm socket and screwdriver to do the job.

• 2 years later...
Super east to replace. Take out the glovebox and lower black cover. you'll see a aluminum case with 1 connector. 5-6 wires. The controller says BLOWER CONTROLLER on it. All you need is a 10mm socket and screwdriver to do the job.

Do they sell the control as an after market part?

I too am trying to find this part without going to the dealer. Any suggestions? I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.

You can get it online from newlexusparts.com or irontoad.com. These are actual Lexus dealers that discount online. Another thought is to get the part # off your existing blower motor resistor (controller) and Goggle it. I think I remember reading that a Toyota part number is lurking under the Lexus sticker on that part.