Vibration 94 Sc400

lexus082

While coasting on the highway I have a strange vibration that occurs in the rear. Its not that bad only noticeable if your listening for it or if you feel it. Its like a synchronized noise (like a deep wa......wa.......wa......wa) Its a constant thing over 80mph but the vibration isn't constant. It has a little half a second pause in between the vibrations. Slight vibrations too. Is this just a tire issue or is it something that is normal. I think I remember something posted stating that this was a normal noise in our cars and nothing to be worried about. Its just funny cause everytime it wont do it at 78 or 79mph, but it does it at 80+.

this might not have anything to do with it but it happened to me.... i tend to run my tires really really bald. I do a lot of highway driving between work and my fiance's school about 20 miles from home. I noticed one particular afternoon, that my car was making the same kind of noise. The only difference is that mine did it all the time and the rate of "noise" corresponded directly with my velocity. Soon after, my tire blew from running out of.... well tire. Now if your car only does it at high speeds and not at all at lower speeds.... its probably not the same thing. If it does appear constant though, say at a certain beat, logic tells us that it has to be something that is rotating, or spinning, either in the wheel or in the suspension. Other wise it wouldn't have a beat. Does it speed up after 80 mph? or does it remain constant regardless of velocity? Good luck bro.

Juancho

While coasting on the highway I have a strange vibration that occurs in the rear.  Its not that bad only noticeable if your listening for it or if you feel it.  Its like a synchronized noise (like a deep wa......wa.......wa......wa) Its a constant thing over 80mph but the vibration isn't constant.  It has a little half a second pause in between the vibrations.  Slight vibrations too.  Is this just a tire issue or is it something that is normal.  I think I remember something posted stating that this was a normal noise in our cars and nothing to be worried about.  Its just funny cause everytime it wont do it at 78 or 79mph, but it does it at 80+.

Most likely it's coming from your tires. Get them balanced and checked out to make sure you have enough tread all the way around.

While coasting on the highway I have a strange vibration that occurs in the rear.  Its not that bad only noticeable if your listening for it or if you feel it.  Its like a synchronized noise (like a deep wa......wa.......wa......wa) Its a constant thing over 80mph but the vibration isn't constant.  It has a little half a second pause in between the vibrations.  Slight vibrations too.  Is this just a tire issue or is it something that is normal.  I think I remember something posted stating that this was a normal noise in our cars and nothing to be worried about.  Its just funny cause everytime it wont do it at 78 or 79mph, but it does it at 80+.

Most likely it's coming from your tires. Get them balanced and checked out to make sure you have enough tread all the way around.

Thanks I will soon be looking into getting the engine & transmission mounts replaced.

Thanks I will soon be looking into getting the engine & transmission mounts replaced.

I'd replace the tires, and have your car alighned first, if that doesn't work it could be a wheel bearing.