330 Hybrid Bargin

A client called and asked if i was interested in his used 330 hybrid. I suppose they are all loaded, but he paid $54 or 55k for it, all the bells and whistles. Apparently, he hated the vehicle, in part b/c too many people teased him about it being a girls car. It only had 2900 miles. He offered it to me for $46k, which is more than i want to spend, but more importantly, i just bought the rx 300 a week or two ago. Anyway, he called back yesterday and said the most he could get on trade was $40k, so he took it. What a deal.

Yet another example of why it's very important to do your research thoroughly every single time before you purchase any vehicle. Making the wrong decision means you'll become unhappy with your choice quickly, and ALL quick-escape trades of almost-new vehicles result in the owner taking a nasty financial bath on depreciation and resale value regardless of how they may try to make it sound as if the salesperson was doing them a favor and giving them a great deal. Some people trade cars like schoolkids trade lunchbox contents (one right here on this forum but I think he's learning that this habit is extremely costly). Do this and you'll get your wallet significantly lightened every single time.

Remember that vehicles are NOT investments. They are expenses, and they begin to significantly lose their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Do your homework and make sure that your vehicle purchases are the right choice for you and that you can live with them for years to come.

I wish I was rich enough to take a $15000 bath on a vehicle because somebody teased me about it. Actually, I don't imagine I could ever be that rich...

And FYI, the Hybrid is the RX400h, the RX330 is the standard V6 model.

Once my wife and I bought a brand new Mecerdes C280 (back in '97) and sold in within a year due to overall bad experience from quality of the car to inconsistency of service from the dealership (differ from city to city - moved from DFW to Austin, TX)

Lost about 10K, and bought an RX300 in 1998, drove for 7 years without any safety issues, now on the second gen. Rx330.

I would never never buy a MB in my life again, no matter how sexy it looks.

V.

Yet another example of why it's very important to do your research thoroughly every single time before you purchase any vehicle.  Making the wrong decision means you'll become unhappy with your choice quickly, and ALL quick-escape trades of almost-new vehicles result in the owner taking a nasty financial bath on depreciation and resale value regardless of how they may try to make it sound as if the salesperson was doing them a favor and giving them a great deal.  Some people trade cars like schoolkids trade lunchbox contents (one right here on this forum but I think he's learning that this habit is extremely costly).  Do this and you'll get your wallet significantly lightened every single time. 

Remember that vehicles are NOT investments.  They are expenses, and they begin to significantly lose their value as soon as you drive them off the lot.  Do your homework and make sure that your vehicle purchases are the right choice for you and that you can live with them for years to come.