94 Gs300- Plug Wires, Plugs, Brakes

s.on.gGS300

Time to do a tune up on the GS. Like stated in the title, it's a 1994 GS300. Was wondering who makes, and where to get, plug wires, rear brake pads, and spark plugs. I know Lexus will have them but they also charge more. On my last car (mk3 supra) I was usuing NGK "blue" plug wires, NGK iridium spark plugs, and not sure what brake pads in the rear (I only changed the fronts to Porterfield Carbon pads while I owned it).

I already know I'll be using NGK Iridium plugs, I think I should be able to find those at any auto parts store (schucks, kragen, etc, etc). As far as plug wires go, I was planning on sticking to the NGK ''blues'' since I used them before, worked great, and my neighbor (who happens to be a lead Lexus tech) advised me they would be a good choice. The problem with the wires though, is that I havent found a website that sells them. Could I order them from say Suprasport.com/Suprastore.com out of the MK4 Supra section? I figure since they share the same motor, the parts should be compatable?

And now brake pads, if all else fails I will be purchasing OEM rear brake pads at the price of 77.xx. I was wondering if there are any other reputable companies where I can find these pads for less and match, if not exceed OEM performance.

Where can I fin NGK wires? Ive had a really hard time so far.

Phone a couple of dealers first to get prices (and part numbers) & then call several popular auto parts chains to compare prices & availability. You might have to order them as opposed to them being in stock. ;)

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...